cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Biller Direct Partner Function Assigned to Users

jdub67
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm new to Biller Direct and I'm unsure about what partner function is assigned to Biller Direct users.  When I create a new user I need to assign it to a Reference User and at least 1 Object Type and Object Key.  We are using the Object Type of BUS3007.  My question is what partner function to use for the Object Key assignment. 

Do I assign the user to the Sold-To ID, Bill-To ID or the Payer ID?  Most of the time these are all the same, but in cases where these are different I'm wondering what the right ID to assign them to is.  Can I pick whichever one I want?  If so what is the pros/cons of each?

Looking for any insight.

Thanks,

Jeff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tedkwon
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,

Simply put 'Payer' to Object Key assignment for BUS3007.

The underlying logic for SD process is

Sales order => checked and created to Sold-To Party

Delivery order =>  checked and created to Ship-To Party

SD Invoice => checked and created to Payer

FSCM-Biller Direct is designed to support invoice processing and Payer is main concern.

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pallavi_patil
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jeffrey,

BUS1006=Business Partner, -> process the sub ledger accounting in Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable (FI-CA).

BUS3007=Customer Account, ->  process the sub ledger accounting in Accounts Receivable Accounting (FI-AR).

BUS3008=Vendor Account, -> process the subledger accounting in Accounts Payable Accounting (FI-AR).

Regards,

Pallavi

jdub67
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Pallavi.  We are using BUS3007.  However, I'm wondering which partner function ID is the appropriate one to use.  For example we have a Customer with:

SP = 1234

BP = 1235

PY = 1236

When we want to assign this account to the user record with BUS3007 object type, do we use account # 1234, 1235 or 1236 for the Object Key?

Jeff

pallavi_patil
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jeffrey,

if you are carrying out customer based transaction then SP(Sold to Party) = 1234 should be assigned to the object BUS3007.

Could you please let me know what PY stands for. Is it Payables ?

Regards,

Pallavi

jdub67
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Pallavi,

However I think the correct answer to my question is that the Payer partner number needs to be assigned to the BUS3007 business object.  I created an invoice in my development system that had the following partners:

Sold-To = 1234

Bill-To = 1235

Payer = 1236

When I assigned 1234 or 1235 to a user in Biller Direct, it did not show any invoices.  However, when I assign 1236 to the user, it shows the invoice I created.

Jeff