Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chapter 98 - HTS not allowed for Export in AES

shrinivas_hosmani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Experts,

AES has a restriction around using the HTS codes from Chapter 98, Schedule B numbers will have to be used instead for Exports. If HTS codes are being used for reporting of exports (which is possible) all throughout and GTS is not being used for product classification, anybody has a workaround or custom logic to handle these bunch of HTS which need to be replaced with a Schedule B number?

Thanks,
Shrini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194424
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Shrini,

I configured schedule B codes for the same reason. On the paperwork, we print schedule B code if it exists else it prints HTS code. ECC has only field in material master for HTS code so both HTS & schedule B cannot be stored in ECC (unless you create a custom tab and write special logic).

Let me know if you need more details.

Regards,
Satish

shrinivas_hosmani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thanks! This is exactly what I have planned for now. The challenge is coming up where I don't have additional fields and neither will I be allowed to create new fields in ECC(Customer has restriction on new fields for Material Master) and I need to pass the data over to GTS for these chapter 98 numbers.

Since classification is being done outside GTS, to have the necessary paperwork from GTS everything is being fed to GTS. Writing a special logic in ECC would mean the data for Schedule B (chapter 98 only) needs to be kept updated regularly for any numbers being expired which will mean building another interface. I'm trying to avoid as I will be making the system unnecessarily complex. I will keep you posted on the method I adopt for this scenario.

I have awarded your points.

Thanks,

Shrini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Srini,

Why is GTS not being used for product classification? That is one of the benefits of using GTS i. In order to be 100% compliant, the product should be classified the HTS, Schedule-B and ECCN.

Regards, Dean,

shrinivas_hosmani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dean,

Thanks. I had the same view as you, the customer is very reluctant to do the change. The customer uses a customized solution as a Source of Truth which interfaces with both SAP and non-SAP GTS systems. It's similar to a MDM system, where the products have the classification views by country in it. Apparently, they classify and then feed this data back to GTS as necessary paperwork gets generated out of GTS 🙂

Thanks!

Shrini

Answers (0)