Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIM 10 The batch job can not be started

Olj
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, dear experts.

I have some problem with SAP FIM 10(sp8).

From today, I cannot run job via FIM, after click Execute button job run fails with error:

com.sap.fpm.fim.common.webservice.WSException: Запуск задания "xxxxxxxxx" не удалось выполнить из-за ошибки "The batch job XXXXXXX can not be started. Please verify that you can run the job in Data Services designer."

I checked DataService management console and it's showing that job runs is ok.

But FIM is showing failed(red) status.

Error log and other columns is epmty.

Help me please...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

pierre_bournaveas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you give us some more details:

1. Is it a standard FIM job or a customized one in DataServices Designer ? If it is a customized job, when you open it in FIM, can you verify that  the 'Connect to an existing SAP BusinessObjects Data Services job' is ticked and you can see the corresponding batch job published in DS console is selected.
  2. Did you notice any softawe change before this behavior started (upgrade of FIM or DS) ?
  3. Can you also provide what is the source and target of the job and finaly if you reproduce this with several jobs and/or severals users ?

Thanks

Pierre

Olj
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. It's customized jobs in DataServicess Designer. Yes, I verify that when I open it in FIM   DS job is ticked and I can see that job published in DS console.

2. We did not do anything with DS/FIM/BI.

3. Source is flat file(csv), and excel files, target is BOFC and some Oracle schema.

I reproduced it with several jobs and/or serveral user.

Sometimes it's working fine, but often it's not working.

I can't understand why fim cannot receive information about DS job.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daulet,

In this case, try to untick and tick again the box of linked DS job in FIM and save.

Then execute.

Regards,

Steph

pierre_bournaveas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

This error is displayed sometimes when there is not a good communication between the FIM server and the DataServices webservices server.

This problem can be solved by restarting and sometimes empty the cache of the DS webservice in Tomcat.

Regards,

Pierre

Olj
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pierre,

thanks,

I already try to clear cache in FIMSERVER: Tomcat 6.0\work\Catalina\localhost\*

but it doesn't helped me.

how can I empty cache of the DS webservice?

ps: It's very strange, because sometime FIM works fine.

pierre_bournaveas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

You need to do the same but on the CMC server, it is were the DS webservices is stored.

Regards,

Pierre

Olj
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Pierre,

I will try to do it tonight

Olj
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pierre,

I tried to clear cache of CMC server, also I clear cache of FIM server, but it doesn't help me.

I got same error "The batch job XXXXXXX can not be started. Please verify that you can run the job in Data Services designer"   but in fact job is running through JobServer (I saw successfull status in DataServices Console).

Ping is normal, telnet by 8080, 6400 ports is normal too.

Have  you any idea?