cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email to customer, transmission medium 5 (external send)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP has provided transmission medium 5 (external send) to send an email with PDF (for example, of invoice printout) to customer.

Requirement: During billing document creation; In customer master, there are 5 email addresses but the email should be sent only to 2 of these. Is this possible with standard SAP solution of external send?

I am thinking of using Notes (ADRT-REMARK) to differentiate the relevant email addresses (2) from all those maintained (5) in the customer master.

Thanks!

TW

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We created a custom print program and assigned it to the output type, in configuration, table TNAPR, for sending emails to customer (output type with transmission medium 5 external send). Below requirements cannot be achieved with standard SAP

When billing document is created, then send email with PDF as attachment to

- several email addresses in the PY master

- send only to those email addresses, in PY master, those that are relevant to the invoicing process. This we accomplished with adding Notes, and the logic will go to the payer, check if the Notes = a predefined value, if yes, then send email to the corresponding email address.

Thanks for your help, suggestions!

Closing this thread.

TW

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear TW

Always your threads will have clear cut findings--Very Nice to follow.

Needless to mention- here your helping nature, in telling what you have done for this requirement too..where all other members forget to update once solved..

Thank you TW..

Phanikumar

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Phanikumar,

Your compliment is extra special, as I am working on clarity and it is important to me. I try to make my communication (written, verbal) as clear as possible.

In the pursuit of clarity - outward (to others) and inwards (thoughts, ideas etc.) I have written few articles. These might be interesting

http://scn.sap.com/community/career-center/blog/2014/11/19/success-in-interviews--part-2-essentials

http://scn.sap.com/community/career-center/blog/2015/07/28/success-in-sap-sd--business-process

TW

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SRK, Eduardo,

Thanks! I am working on this, I will update you.

TW

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TW,

Sorry for my late reply.  According SAP Note 1260015 - Sending mail to multiple recipients in SD is not possible with medium 5. Check last versions.

Although for FI correspondence it is possible. See SAP Note 1360070 - E-mail function for correspondence, point 2.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is an "Do not use Communication Number " available . Check if it can be used .

Regards,

SRK