cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data source showing Employees per Cost Center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

is there a data source in SAP BYD showing all employees per cost center? I would need the information which employee belongs to which cost center.

EDIT: The data source should be available for joining with another data source! (Data source: Headcount isn't working for me)

I would be very happy if somebody has a hint.

Cheers,

Kai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kai,

Can you check Help center document :

Overview of Data Sources in Human Resources Management

This has all the data sources listed for the Human resource along with the key figure and characteristic details.

Btw what is the issue with Data source headcount? can you provide further details here?

PS : I checked the report Employee Turnover: Yearly with this report (Underlying data source - HCMPAU01), you have both Employee ID and cost center available.

Another Data source can be Employee Master Data (HCMEMPB).

As an idea, creating new new custom data source based on these data source should work.

Let me know your input.

Regards,

Harshal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Harshal,

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

Here is some input from my side:

I checked already most of the data sources which could contain the information. These are data sources related to employees, cost centers, headcounts, service confirmations, employee times, but I have not been able to find a data source containing the required characteristics yet. Here some more details:

• The data source Headcount uses temporal joins, therefore it cannot be used in a (left outer) join.
  • The Employee Master contains only information about the employees. Information regarding the assignment to an org unit is missing at this point.
  • Employee Turnover (or also Employee Times) is based on time recordings related to Projects and maybe also Sales Orders. Therefore, employees recording their times to Service Orders would be missing in this data source.
  • Cost Center - Line Items shows also Employee Times (no Service Confirmation related times).

Moreover, I tried also to create a new data source in the SDK but I have not been able to detect the Business Object on which the data source could be based. I found the BO WorkAgreement, but when I try to create a new data source based in that object, the required fields for the employee id and cost center id cannot be made available in the data source definition.

This is my current point of view, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I would need a data source which lists all employees with their assigned cost center.

Or maybe another approach: I could rely on the cost center in the data source Employee Times. In addition, I would have to add the cost center information also to the Service Confirmations as they do not include this information. If I cannot create a join, I could create a small and simple SDK solution, which defines a customer specific field for the cost center at Service Confirmation Level. This field will be automatically filled out when a Service Confirmation is released. Afterwards, I could forward this field to the data sources realted to Service Confirmations ("Further usages") and make use of it. But this seems quite complicated for such a "simple" requirement...

Do you have some other ideas? I would like to pass a SDK solution...

Thank you again.

Regards,

Kai