cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filtered values in publicated reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having a BEX based WEBI report which is using prompts to limit the data to be displayed. In the report itself, I use the ReportFilter function to display in a text box the selections made by the users on the Input Controls.

Now, I am trying to automate the report and use Publication to send the report in PDF format to different users across the organization. I use a dynamic recipient list for these purposes where, each PDF produced is limited to different list of values that comes from the dynamic recipient list. I still require to have the text box displaying the values for which the report is limiting values for. Instead, the PDF is produced with the values the report is generated for and not with the values is limited when the publication is produced.

In the attached file you can see the displayed list of values I am showing in the WEBI report. If there is no flter, the "All Selected" value is displayed.

Any ideas will be very much appreciated.

Thank you,

Vlassis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As a workaroubd to this problem, the Dyn Recipient List file (Excel) was used as a new query to the WEBI report and the list of values from the Excel was used in the selection box. Some work in the Excel file was neccessary before using the entries of it in the report.

This is a fairly complex process but the result is good.