Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPM Add-in update error - Only part of a ReadProcessMemory completed

Donatas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have faced an error during update of SAP EPM Add-in 10.0 SP20 into SP22. The error message is - Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed.

I have downloaded an update from SMP, extracted it into SAP BPC 10.1 MS Installation folder, opened SAP BPC Server Management application and in Client Options have enabled the update. Also I have filled in an Admin credentials in the same Client Options window.

When an end user opens EPM Add-in he/she is forced to automatically update the software. During the first step an update is successfully downloaded but when we start the installation an error (Only part of a ReadProcessMemory or WriteProcessMemory request was completed) is displayed. After pressing OK the window closes and the software is not updated.

Then as a workaround we have executed an update MSP executable directly on the client computer and it finished successfully. The EPM Add-in was successfully updated.

The described problem is valid both for ordinary end users and admins.

Any thoughts on this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Donatas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182709
Contributor
0 Kudos

Donatas,

Agree with Stefan. It should be related to user rights. Ensure that account being used to install the client has full admin rights to the server drivers.

Regards,

Charlie

Donatas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Charlie,

Indeed it's very strange, because we are using global LDAP admin which has all possible rights in all servers and computers.

Best regards,

Donatas

Former Member
0 Kudos

After doing a google search it looks like it may be specific to your file access rights on the drives you have on you workstations or the environment/ network configuration.

See the post below:

Case of the User Service Service Failed The Logon | chentiangemalc

Donatas
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Stefan,

Thank you very much for your input. Will check it out.

Best regards,

Donatas