cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RPG or not RPG?

SimoneMilesi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After years without rolling a single dice (kids can be a little demanding ),  next week i'll pull out again from the closet my grumpy&scarred dwarf and i'll go back cutting orcs' heads.

I started relatively late to play tabletop rpgs (at 25) but i sank quickly in the whirpool

And since i'm a bookworm, i looked for the most strange things i can found on this world.

There is a wide literature, professional and scientific, about how RPGs can be a lever for real life, but here i put 3 simple links with more players' feeling about it.

The Surprising Benefits of Role-Playing Games (and How to Get Started)

social - What real world skills can RPGs improve? - Role-playing Games Stack Exchange

Why Role Playing Games Improve Speech and Language Skills | OngoingWorlds roleplay blog

And you? Do you agree with them? And, most important thing, ever play them or still play them?

Important note:

Elves, you can reply at your own risk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think Rocket Propelled Grenades are great, but I didn't know you could get table top ones.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"Julius uses Guest-o-Blaster." "It's super effective!!"

Oh well, wrong game, though, eh?

Former Member
0 Kudos

My top score was torching 2000 charlies in one day and singed hair for about 1000 more who got away. Actually it was just an afternoon of gaming.

But I have lost my touch and since discovered Sudoku.

Cheers,

Julius

raphael_almeida
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"Dungeon Master: Roll the dice to see if you will survive, you need a 5+. You are about to fall into a hole, it's all dark and you do not know what's down, above you see a little light. With you there is a knife, potions and some treasures that you get before you fall into the trap. What you will do player?!"

I love RPG! I play since I was 8 years old

Regards,

Raphael Pacheco.