Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clients migration and upgrade

tiziafan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear all

Can any of you share past experiences on clients migration with SLO service?

I will soon have to upgrade my multi-client ERP system from EHP4 to EHP6; only a subset of the existing clients need to be upgraded, the rest will be decommissioned.

One of the possible solution under evaluation is to install a new EHP6 system from scratch and migrate into it required clients from existing EHP4 system.

I was wondering about logical steps, timing and complexity...

Any contributions/suggestions are welcome!

Thanks,

Tiziano

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jensen
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Tiziano,

The SAP LT Client Transfer solution might fit to your requirement. SAP LT Client Transfer is part of the SAP Landscape Transformation product. It provides a high-speed data transfer of client(s) from one or more SAP system(s) to a single receiver system thus creating a multi-client system. Furthermore, it offers the option
to combine a SAP system release upgrade (only for client dependent data) and a Unicode Conversion within a consolidation project. In addition. SAP LT Client Transfer allows customers to change the OS-version and the DB-version within a single project.

In the context of such projects, it is often necessary to create a new target system based on an old system initially only with repository objects and cross-client customizing. For this requirement, the Shell Creation solution of SAP LT can be used.

If you want to learn more about SAP LT pls. visit https://support.sap.com/solution-manager/integrated-tools/e2e-transformation.html#tabSelector#0_2
Click “Consolidate Systems with Different Releases”, “Consolidate Systems with Matching Releases” and “Shell Creation for SAP ERP”.

If you have more questions, pls. contact Heike.Jensen@sap.com

tiziafan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Heike!

Good reading, that is exactly what I was looking for as starting point.

Best regards,

Tiziano

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tiziano,

To add to the other comments, automation is something you might want to explore as well. This article might be handy: How an automated system saves you time, money and people | SmartShift

Regards,

Priscilia