cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can TREX be implemented for any custom SAP application ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert's,

We have an custom search application built on Webdynpro ABAP and would like to know, if we can implement search through TREX ?

The application is based on Plant Maintenance (EAM) module. If it is possible, please let me know, how to implement TREX ?

Our Basis team has installed the related component's in a seperate server and only implementing/making-use of TREX is not clear.

Thanks and Regards,

Gaurav.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav

I am not sure, Could you check this SCN Wiki link

Full-Text Search with TREX - SAP IT Service Management on SAP Solution Manager - SCN Wiki

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sriram.

I am new to TREX. I have a requirement to search multiple tables and few fields in each table for a pattern. They can be numeric or text.

Can you please brief, what method should i follow to implement TREX in few steps ? Whether indexing the tables for search can help instead of using TREX ?

Best Regards,

Gaurav.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member202253
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gaurav,

We also had a same requirement in webdyn pro application to show data from TREX.

As you said you have custom search application meaning, so wanted to know whether you are showing product information(COMMPR01) or custom table.

For product publication  there is standard T-Code is there COMM_PCAT_ADM through which you can publish intial or delta load.

or if you are on custom route then you can publish single table( read from multiple table) data in TREX system.

In our scenario we are showing product information , so we used CRM FM: TREX_EXT_SEARCH_CELL_TABLE OR

TREX_EXT_SEARCH_DOCUMENTS (Used in TREXADMIN search application)

Please share your detailed requirement.

Thanks & Regards,

Nikhil

frank_friedrich
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use within the AS ABAP the search technology SES (Search Engine Service) or Embedded Search. The prefered technology should be Embedded Search.

You will found in help.sap.com some explanation and in SCN a developer guide how to implement an own search model for Embedded Search.

Best regards

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Please refer:       https://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-29533

Regards

Satish