cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different in behavoiur with Production and Transport Receipt Key figures

former_member654033
Contributor

Hi All,

I am working in IBP 4.0 FP1 Patch 4. I have created a copy of SAP4 planning area.

Scenario - I am populating both the key fiugres Minimum Production/Transport Receipt and Adjusted Production/Transport.

In case of Production Receipt behavior is correct (production only as per adjusted production)

In case of Transport Receipt behavior is incorrect (Transport receipt is sum of Adjusted transport and minimum transport Receipts). Ideally it should be as per adjusted Transport.

Please let me know if you have any inputs or if you know that this is standard behaviour but it doesn't seem correct behaviour to me.

Thanks

Girish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Hi

For the Adjusted TR to be taken into account U Rule needs to be maintained.

If U rule is not maintained, the Adjusted TR are neglected.

Have you maintained a U Rule, in the PSource?

Vivek

former_member654033
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

This transport receipt / Adjusted Transport Receipt is between Location DC and Location Plant (T rule maintained for this under Location Source MDT). U rule is not required here.

Girish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

I think the behavior of minimum production receipt and minimum transport receipts are different.

As you said at production plant, the net receipt generated is as per adjusted receipt which is correct while at the DC it is adding up minimum transport receipt.

This could be due to transport which are already on the way to DC in that period(in this case Aug'15). So based on your lead time supply would already have happened from plant and hence cannot be reverted back.

So adjusted receipts are getting added with transport receipts at DC.

Let me know if you have some other feedback on this.

Thanks,

Rohit

carsten_schumm
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Rohit is right: minimum transport receipts and supplies are considered independently. Main purpose is for integration of already ongoing transports in the first planning periods.

But please note that the logic for minimum transports on C-rules is the same as for P-rules.

Regards, Carsten

former_member654033
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit and Carsten,

Then for Transport Receipt - One can use either the adjusted Transport key figure or Minimum transport Receipt key figure because if we populate value in both of this key figure and system respects both at the same time. and provides the sum as output in transport receipt key figure which is not the expected behaviour.

As in case of prduction receipt it only respects the Adjusted prodcution if both are maintained.

Please let me know if my understanding here is correct.

I would to like model frozen horizon concept for transport receipt (same way it has been setup in SAP standard planning area for Production receipt), but due to this behaviour whatever I input in Minimum transport key figure, then same gets passed to Adjusted transport key figure as KF syntax and then system creates double the receipt of what is required here.

Here is the reference that I am trying to replicate for transport Receipt KF to model Frozen Horizon for transport Receipt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Girish,

As per my understanding, production receipt can be modeled for frozen horizon since you don't want any production to happen within this period by SCM operator and hence based on adjusted key figure ,production receipts can be generated.

However transport receipts are getting calculated based on lead time and for that quantity production is already planned(or may be in transit). So any adjustment in transport receipt has to flow upstream to meet the requirement.

Not sure if maintaining lead time as 0 for transport location can be a workaround. May be you can try it and let us know.

Thanks,

Rohit

carsten_schumm
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Girish,

minimum transport receipts and supplies are not directly related to the T-rule. You can think of them as an additional input-/output-method. Also please note that the system doesn't matches the minimum transport receipts and supplies - you have to take care of that yourself.

Adjusted transports are reflected on both receipt and supply-side.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Carsten

Answers (0)