cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATP check in APO-GATP, & shippment & transportation scheduling done ECC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

one of my requriment is ,

RBA(Rule based Availablity check ) is done in APO , &  shippment & transportation scheduling will takes place in ECC.(Route),

can it poosible  whithout doing any enchanment ? Please provide the  details  how we can configure..!

Thanks in advance

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mahesh,

All gATP specific questions are supposed to be posted in the below forum. I hope moderators like can move this to the right thread.

http://scn.sap.com/community/scm/apo/production-planning-interfaces-and-global-atp

Coming to your question - I would be very much interested to understand your requirement. The requirement sounds bit strange which may lead to inconsistent results. You're planning to do an RBATP check based on the scheduling date that you determine in ECC. Why do you want to do this ?

Every ATP check has 2 parts. 1) Executing scheduling call in gATP system 2) Executing ATP check in gATP system. Since, gATP check is controlled at material - plant level with the ATP Integration model, both the above steps use the same methodology to identify "where to" execute the ATP check / scheduling call.

From the system architecture point of view, the scheduling call takes place in the Function module APO_SCHEDULING and within this FM system checks if the ATP Integration model is active or not and decision is taking to execute the scheduling either in gATP by calling RFC FM BAPI_APO_SCHEDULING or it comes out of the above FM and calls SD_SCHEDULING to do ERP scheduling. So, influencing the ATP IM checks is one way of achieving the solution but you need to test this from different business perspective to ensure everything is OK with your ATP results. The other important point is above solution may work for backward scheduling. However, imagine a business scenario where your RBA ATP check is resulting in no confirmed quantity for the MBDAT that you had determined in ECC ? In that cases, system will execute a forward scheduling in gATP system. At this point in time, system cannot back to R/3 to executing the scheduling and return back to gATP to continue your RBA ATP check. This cannot be achieved.

I am still curious on the requirement. May be giving the business background would help me think if there is any other alternative.

Hope this helps

Thanks & Best Regards,

Babu Kilari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Babu,

Already Route & Picking / packing data is there in ECC , they dont wanrt to maintain it again in APO ,

so they want  ATP check will be happened in APO & scheduling will be done in ECC.

please suggest us how we can MAP this..!

Regards

Mahesh

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mahesh,

I do understand the fact that route and shipping relevant data is available in ECC. But, there is a huge difference between ECC Scheduling Vs gATP Scheduling. While you work with calendars in ECC Scheduling, gATP works based on time streams in which you associate another time stream linked to the calendars. I understand, in ECC the lead time information is stored in tables like TVRO, TVST, T630R and T630L. If you get into your gATP system you will find similar tables there ( /SAPAPO/TVRO, /SAPAPO/TVST.........). So, you need to mirror the ECC data into these gATP tables and setup the condition records accordingly to make it work as expected.

I do understand that this is a bit of pain, but if your RBATP check result should work as expected - then you need to do this. SAP hasn't provided the luxury of CIFing such data from ECC to gATP as they are tagged as Config relevant. Also, please don't forget the fact that there is BOP process in gATP. So, in case of BOP run - the scheduling is completely executed in gATP system and there is no way you could make RFC calls to R/3 system to execute SD scheduling. This is not possible.You may reach out to SAP, but I think they will answer the same.

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Babu Kilari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Babu,

Thanks for detail explanation about shippment & transportation Scheduling,

Regards

Mahesh

babu_kilari4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Close the thread if your questions have been answered.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Babu Kilari

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mahesh

We have similar requirements in the past. What we end up with is to use the GATP Transportion and Shipment Scheduling Condition Technique capability (Scheduling Using the Condition Technique - Global Available-to-Promise (Global ATP) - SAP Library).

Basically this mean we  create a custom periodic extraction program to extract Route Info (Lead time related to Pick\Pack\Load\Transport etc) from ERP and then map it to individual condition record in APO. This way, user could keep on maintaining the info in ERP as they are used to, and the GATP scheduling results (because the info is also maintained) will respect it too.