cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI7.40

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I am trying to download SAP GUI 7.40 but cannot do this even though I have registered with my credentials

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

any one can give me a correct link where to download SAP GUI, i have been struggling how to download,i need to practice SAP TERP...please assist....

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Henri,

http://scn.sap.com/people/s.sriram has posted a quite useful document which shows how the SAP GUI 7.40 can be downloaded: http://scn.sap.com/community/gui/blog/2014/12/03/download-and-install-sap-gui-740-with-nwbc-50

Just one thing to add: the first steps to find the download page are:

• Home | SAP Support Portal
  • Click on "Software Downloads" in the upper right corner
  • Click on "Installations and Upgrades"
  • Click on "Alphabetical List of my Products"
  • The rest can be found in the document.

Best regards,

Laszlo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthick

I have managed to obtain the install files for SAP GUI 7.4 via an internal resource in my company. But when installing into a VM, it comes up with this error

"The SAP Front End patch requires a higher base version of the installed product. update to a higher version of the product before applying the patch"

SAP GUI for Windows 7.40 (Compilation 1) Patch

Patchlevel3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenny,

Did you have the S-user ID?

And please share the error you have got in your screen.

Share your screen shots.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenny,

You have to Get SAP S User ID

SAP S User ID is a unique number that SAP uses for identification of people on its web portals and databases. For example you need S User ID in order to access SAP support portal or register for SAP certification.

First, just to have an idea of what S User ID looks like, here is what you should be expecting: S000000000. Zeros there are replaced with actual numbers. So, how to get SAP S User ID?

1. Option one is to let your system administrator to do it for you. Thus, you need to know who your company’s super administrator is. Then, you can simply contact him or her to request them to create an S User ID for you.

2. Option two can be handy if you have no idea who is SAP administrator in your company. In this case you can register for an SAP S user ID by clicking the registration link in the upper right hand of SAP Service Marketplace home page (see screenshot below) or by following this link:http://service.sap.com/request-user. Please note that customer or installation number are required for those who want to register as customer and a partner number is required for those who want to register as an SAP partner.

3. Option three suits best people that want to register for SAP certification. Duringregistration for SAP certification you will be assigned an SAP S User ID or will have an opportunity to create it. If you register for certification offline (by phone or in SAP center) you should ask SAP personnel about your S User ID.

In case you do not know customer or installation numbers that are required for option two, they can be requested through SAP Customer Interaction Center. In this article we tried to explain how to get SAP S User ID and provided some relevant information. If something is not clear or you would like to know more, please let us know in the comments section!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenny,

Did you got this screen?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes but cannot login using my credentials

Former Member
0 Kudos

Direct download

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to use the SAP Download Manager refer the link

https://support.sap.com/software/download-manager/help.html

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I cannot login to the SAP Service MarketPlace using my credentials; can you assist please?

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you have to contact you local SAP. to get the right access to download.

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenny,

Try this Blog,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthick

i have tried that blog previously but cannot even get into the Support portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenny,

May i know what is the error showing while you try to download!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kathick, The search does not bring up any related materials such as exes, msi, nothing! Am I doing anything wrong?

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kenny

Are you using the SAP Download Manager or direct downloading from Service Market place?

Regards

SS