cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BRFPLUS Audit log

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Audit log in BRFPLUS gives the details of the steps executed with date and time.

Is this trace stored in the system, if yes for how long?

If I am using BRFPLUS for large systems , does the audit trace affect the performance?

We are planning to use BRFPLUS for multiple ERP systems and want to cover all the issues which might affect the system's performance.

Any advise on this would be very helpful.

Regards,

Tanvi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christianlechne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

with audit log you mean lean trace I guess.

In standard the traces are stored as JSON format in the tables FDT_TRACE_0200 and FDT_TRACE_0201. The storage time is indeed limited. The duration is not documented anywhere (at least I did not find it),

Nevertheless you can influence the place where the traces are stored when calling BRFplus (Create a code Template with Lean Trace and you will see the option). Your custom tables must contain the same includes as the FDT tables mentioned above. Then you have it in your hands how long you want to retain the data.

Activating the lean trace has indeed a small impact on performance of the rule execution. Usually it is negliable but anyway you have to check in your scenario. If the impact is too big you might have to apply different patterns to trace your rules.

Hope that helps

BR

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Thanks a lot.

Its worth to try this option.

How would this trace work with multiple systems? For e.g I am setting up rules in system 1 and posting something is system 2 , I would have trace of how the decision is made in system 1, can I have trace of the posting made to system 2.

I have not implemented BRFPLUS for multiple systems before and the client is very keen on the audit trace.

Could you help me in understanding this please?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Tanvi

christianlechne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tanvi,

BRFplus and all its objects including the trace are bound to a system. If you have n systems you would have n sources for traces. Each source represents the traces in one system. There is no build-in functionality within BRFplus that allows you to analyze the traces across system boundaries.

The solution to your request would be the add-on SAP Decison Service Management that overcomes that limits by (usually) introducing a central rules systems that allows the deploment into different systems and that enables you to have a central place to analyze the traces.

More information on the SAP Decision Service Management can be found at the following places:

BR

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Christian!

Answers (0)