cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manually maintain the Manager on a employee assigned to multiple organization units in CRM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need your help in figuring out how I can change the Manager on a employee.

He is assigned to two organization units in PPOMA_CRM and it takes the manager from one organization and I would like to take it from the other one.

I tried reassigning the employee but still it takes the manager from the other position.

Is there a way to manually change the assignment of the Manager id?

Thank you.

Appreciate your help.

Best regards,

Elena

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190077
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Excuse me but I would like to give more technical details of the views you want to change? (Please press the F2 key and provide image detail).

As I see there could be two ways to accomplish what you want.

1) You create two employees with the same profile and assign each to an organizational unit.

2) Changing the background programming CRM to display the data manually GET_ method of this the related attribute.

This second option is technical, you wonder if you should do it?

Please let me know to help,

Best regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

Thank you for your reply.

Below you can find the technical details of the structure where the Manager id is being fetched.

The thing is, I have another employee which is assigned to three organization units, including the ones from the first employee and the manager is the one from the org unit I need.

So I wonder if there is a functional way to make that happen, like some option that PPOMA_CRM offers.

Appreciate your help.

Best regards,

Elena

former_member190077
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Elena,

I'm not very familiar with the transaction you mention,

But I was doing a search in the SCN and found a thread that might interest you:

I hope will be helpful apology if not what you expected,

Good luck,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answers.

Much appreciate it.

After a lot of testing I saw that actually it would take the manager I wanted if I add a position that has it and was created earlier then the one from which it was currently  fetching.

Have a nice day ahead!

Best,

Elena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elana

Please do not contemplate making technical changes to the organisational model. The logic involved here is exceptionally complicated.

Instead, could you send, the reverse image from PPOMA_CRM. Where the Org model is on top.

Thanks

Arden

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arden,

Thank you for your input.

It looks like the position of the assignment is being ordered by which position was created first.

So I have assigned a position from the same organization unit which was created before the one I wanted to change and now it shows up as first position, therefor it takes the manager I want.

Have a nice evening!
Best regards,

Elena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elena

Your problem is solved?

Arden

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arden,

Yes, it is now solved.