cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRS - Conflict between Manual time allocation & demand assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are using MRS on SAP GUI where the resources are assigned to the PM order operations.

So all the orders are appearing as demand and the responsible person selects the resource for these demands.

We also have a feature for Manual Time Allocation.

If the person is involved in some other activities than apart from the usual demands assignment, they are also assigned to these manual time allocation.

Now if there is a conflict between manual time allocation and the demand assignment, the demand assignment is changed and updated.

For example, one resource is having a demand assignment from 08:00 to 12:00 for 4 hours on 17.07.2015.

Now if we create a manual time allocation between 09:00 to 10:00 for 1 hour on 17.07.2015, the time allocation is saved.

But this time allocation also changes the demand assignment and the time of demand assignment is updated from 08:00 to 13:00.

The changes happens only on the time and not on the actual work or duration.

Required system behavior is as mentioned below:

Demand assignment from 08:00 to 12:00 should be unchanged,

and the new time allocation should be automatically updated with time duration of 12:00 to 13:00.

Is it possible to have this via any configuration or through any custom development.?

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards,

Aarohi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aarohi,

May be you can try with two customizing settings if that helps

1. In the planning board profile, select the check box "Travel Time in Non-Availability"

2. Under the node: "Optimizer and Travel Times -> Travel Times -> Assign Travel Time Mode" set the mode as "Travel time with Gaps for Assignment Active".

Hope this should work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sidharth,

Did you understand the question properly asked by Arohi?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Yes I have understood  the question asked by Arohi.

According to me Arohi is using stretched assignments and for such requirement it could be suggested to use concrete assignments or maintain partial concretisation for stretched assignment customizing.

Best Regards

Sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,

But I belive the solution you are telling is for Optimization profile, please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm new to SAP MRS and limited knowledge.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay / Arohi,

I am not talking about the optimization profile. I am talking about the customizing that you maintain under the demand settings node.

Customizing Node:

SAP Multiresource Scheduling -> Sources of Demand -> Demand Settings

There are some customizings which talks about "partial concretization of stretched assignments".

If you want to use concrete assignments apart from Stretched assignments then you may need to remove entries from: "Allow Stretched Assignments (ERP)" and "Permit Stretched Assignments" under "Demand Settings" itself.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I agree to the customizing sid has mentioned.

By enabling Concretization of stretched assignments, you could freeze your start & end date/time of your assignments , which is what Aarohi's requirement is.

Regards

Sampath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Is it possible, any how to map such requirement as mentioned above.?

Best Regards,

Aarohi

former_member201296
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

So question over here what kind of assignments you are creating in your case ?

In my case what I have tested.

I have planed one assignment for some resource say 08:00 to 12:00 and then I created the time allocation manually 09:00 to 10:00. so what system is doing over here it allows to create the Time Allocation at the same time parallely it creates 2 hours as capacitive assignment not the stretched assignment.

Please update.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi & Arohi,

Could you please explain the in-depth of this kind of business scenario and if have some documentation or I have such kind of requirements.

Thank you