cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Order to track fixed asset postings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Let me update my current status now so as to keep you all on the same page.

I want the Fixed Asset postings to be tracked by an internal order. So for this to be possible I made the following changes.

1)      1) Internal Order given at Asset master data.

2)      2) Activate Account Assignment Objects – CAUFN (Internal Order) – Activated.

3)      3) Tcode: ACSET:

CAUFN – Internal Order – APC values postings – Activated.

CAUFN – Internal Order – Depreciation Run – Activated.

Now, I do F-90 or ME21N either way for asset acquisition I don’t see my internal order showing these values. But when I do the depreciation run for these assets I do see them in my internal order.

Did I miss anything since I just see the Dep. run values shown at my internal order but not any other asset transaction done for the assets.

Please help and will definitely appreciate your helps.

Regards,

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member537411
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have a solution for this? I have acome across the same issue.

Thank you

Malithi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vinay  as you hv mention you have maintain the post me21n and you are using as account assignment  as F

So you have to maintain  one cost object in the po and internal  order also and then do Gr  you will find the order balance against the assest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Inayat,

No I'm using account assignment as A. I changed the IO as optional at OME9 (Account assignment categories) so now I can give a statistical internal order at PO creation time. This can be seen at ME2K (Track assets through internal Order). Its fine here but I dont see the acquisition or other Asset postings in the IO I gave at asset master data ??? But I see the depreciation posting though. That was my question.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Have you created asset reconciliation GL accounts as cost elements with category 90 in KA01? If not created, then create it. After create it, then do testing for it.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member200703
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I believe that when you use the acquisition cycle as you mentioned above you can not see it getting updated in internal order level.

By assigning internal order in the asset master and make it optional in P.o level, that asset value will be posted to asset GL not to Internal order .internal order in this way will operate as cost object for budgeting purpose only . if you want the asset value to be posted first to internal order then to asset you need to change to investment measure cycle ..

you may check the below Link  Document No. 164)

SAP Best Practices Baseline Package

You need to activate the cost element for asset GL through OAK7

you may check the below document for more useful information about your asset acquisition cycle

Regards

Mahmoud EL Nady

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Mukthar,

Appreciate ypur Time. Yes I did OAK7 and created them as Cost elements with category 90. But still cant find the acqusition values at the IO.

ANy further things I missed or Have to do.

Regards,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Mahmoud,

I did try setting up the CE with OAK7 but still cant find anything pop up at my internal order.

What my thought is to make things solve on an easy way lets do the config for F-90 acqusition to pop up in internal order then we shall through ME21N.

For things/ steps to let acqusition values pop up at IO using F-90:

1) IO at asset master data.

2)  Activate Account Assignment Objects – CAUFN (Internal Order) – Activated

3) ACSET - MAking IO active.

4) OAK7

What else I need to do or missed doing?

Thanks,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can you please check internal order master .

Is it ticked as statisctal order or Real order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Real Order Preeti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vinay

Do the PO with IO and GL make the GL as cost element and do the GR for the same PO now go and check the value in the IO in KO02, menu bar environment extras

hope this will help , i had same issue its solve with above settings

Naga_Gangineni9
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

check internal order field is there as a required in Field status group for asset GL's.

Regards,

Nagarjuna

Former Member
0 Kudos

HeY Inayat, Could you just be more elobarative. Couldn't get you.

Really appreciate that.

Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay

while creating the PO you have to  add the IO and Cost element , once the PO is created do the GRN for the same now you can see the balance in the IO .

Thanks

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Share screen shot of asset master, where you have assigned the internal order in it.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm doing the same way Inayat but still cant see the tranactions tracked by my internal order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OAK7 - Activated cost elements for asset G/L. But still I don't see any change nagarjuna.

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

What is the internal order report you are using?

Also, from the respective FI document (asset acquisition) get an overview of associated documents and check if CO document is there or not.

Regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Paulo,

I'm checking the Line item display KOB1 and S_ALR_87013010 also.

What FI document you are talking about that show the related CO documents ? Could you please specify.

Appreciate your time.

Thanks,

Vinay

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

In KOB1 you can check in Extras that both Value types 4 and 11 are selected.

In FB03 find and display your acquisition document, next from the menu choose Environment > Document Environment > Relationship Browser.  There must be a CO document there, otherwise naturally you got nothing in CO reports.

Regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Paulo,

I did see check at KOB1 and values types 4 and 11 are selected.

Alos, at the acqusition document I did check the relationship browser but I dont see no CO documents that mean its not hitting the CO area.

I dont know why! Any help will be great.

Thanks,

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

When you create asset in As01 did you enter the Internal order number in Asse master data .

did you specifed ny Transaction tpey in ACSET

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Preeti,

Yes I did give the IO at AS01 and I did activate the Internal Order for APC and Dep. run at ACSET.