cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing PD Web

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am upgrading from 16.5.0 to 16.5.5 and am getting to use the new PD-web for the first time. A big step up but I am wondering a few things ....

In my old implementation, I extended the portal with some additional static content from our EA Program - this was easy enough by figuring out the ice-faces setup and going from there. I also made some extensions to some characteristics of the repository browser and was experimenting with replacing some of the search capabilities.

With the new pd-web, everything seems to be pretty locked down. Can anyone share their thoughts on approaches to extending the new PD-web? I am trying to figure out an approach (legal approach!!) that will allow me to extend the portal to cover off some of the things that ar4e part of my EA Program but not necessarily embedded in the repository.

Thanks for any advice you may have

Bruce

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185317
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bruce,

The new PowerDesigner Portal is implemented with a different technology and is locked down. I know of no current way to extend the Portal with customer specific add-ins. What kind of things are you trying to accomplish, as they could be interesting to consider?

Thanks,

-Matt C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

There were two customizations we did with the old portal that were very useful

1. We have other EA related content that is not/cannot be managed in the repository. As well, there are some point-in-time multi-model reports generated from the repository that business users consume (they have neither the time or interest to peruse the source models). This was delivered as static content. I modified the ice-faces stuff to add a menu item that took the users to a set of pages (also done inside portal with new ice-faces based pages) with this static content.

2. The other was the addition of the ability to download embedded files in EA models right in the browser.

After spending a bit more time looking I can see how it might be possible to extend the SAPUI5 stuff for static content. The download link is more of a challenge. I may have to either stay with the old portal (which would be a shame since this one is so much better!) or figure out a non-PD way to manage some of my EA content.

I can take you though more detail if you want.

Thanks

Bruce

former_member185317
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bruce,

Let us know how it goes and I may reach out to you as we continue to innovate on our new Portal platform. We are adding Reporting to the PowerDesigner Portal, and in SP05 we have simple reporting for BPM, if you want a quick look. We continue to look at this topic moving forward.

Cheers,

-Matt C.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Looks like I have a working version with the two items added. We loaded the whole thing into Eclipse and made some additions to the web.ui5 jar. Not sure if I am allowed to do this, but it certainly appears to be possible.