cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web service provider deny extern connection - error: invalid connection details

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a curios problem with the local installation of the event stream processor 5.1:

I connected the data source from SAP businessobjects design studio with esp to fill dashboards in near realtime.

Two weeks before it worked perfect. Last week I had to reinstall esp because of licence problems. Now esp works fine, but every time I try to connect the data source the web service provider from esp says that the connection details are invalid.

The wsp looks like that:

So it looks like that the credentials are wrong. For the credentials I used "studio" as username and the password I changed before starting the localhost cluster. With an selfwritten input adapter I can connect with these credentials.

So the questions is, why does the web service provider deny the credentials?

I'm also not sure if I will be right in this forum. I already posted an add at the forum for businessobject design studio. Unfurtunally nobody could help me there. I really hope to get some hints what else I can try to get it working again.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RobertWaywell
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

First off - yes you are in the right spot to be asking about connecting to ESP through the web service provider.

Looking at the screenshot you posted, the actual error is "Invalid connection details" as opposed to something specific to the user ID or password. Since you have already verified that you can connect from a different adapter using those credentials, the issue is likely with another parameter in the connection details. I would suggest double checking the workspace name, the project name and the stream or window name. It could just be a typo somewhere. I would also suggest verifying that the case of each parameter matches the running project.

You can also reconfirm that the project configuration file has the Web service enabled checkbox checked and the value set to true.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

thanks for the fast answer.

When I connect from businessobject design studio I only have to type in the host, port and credentials like username and password. After that it gets the current workspace and running projects by itself. So there shouldn't be a problem. I also checked the host and port.

I also checked the project configuration file and the checkbox for webservice enabled is checked and the value is true.

Any other suggestions what if could be?

Best Regards

Stefan

RobertWaywell
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The next couple of things to look at are:

1) In the wsp.xml, under the <webSocket ...> section, is <secured> set to true?

2) Again in the wsp.xml is are the <Hostname> and <Port> values for the local ESP server correct? I believe that by default the <Port> value is set to 19011 so you would have had to manually edit that value to be 9786 to connect to the local ESP server instance started by ESP Studio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you ver much!

I forgot to change the port in the wsp.xml after the reinstallation of esp.

Now it worked again.

Best Regards

Stefan

Answers (0)