cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2013 do not work on the production server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I installed Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2013 and they work fine on my local computer.

However when I deploy the website I am getting the error below:

Failed to open the connection. ReportName {6BB09179-0FC4-4F27-9EF2-F70776FF5D9C}.rpt

Event Log messages:

The description for Event ID 4353 from source Crystal Reports cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

The keycode assembly, BusinessObjects.Licensing.KeycodeDecoder.dll, cannot be loaded.

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

I installed CRRuntime_64bit_13_0.msi on the production server.  It did not solve the problem.

I can't install CrystalReportsForVisualStudio.msi.  I am getting the following error: "You must already have VS installed to proceed with this installation".

The aspnet_client folder exists in both wwwroot and website folders.

I tried setting "Enable 32-bit Applications" (in the Application Pool) to true but I am getting errors.

I tried running the website as: LocalSystem, LocalService, NetworkService, ApplicationPoolIdentity.  None of them work.

Why do I need Visual Studio on that server?  Is there another way to make this work? 

I was also looking for BusinessObjects.Licensing.KeycodeDecoder.dll.  The dll exists on my local computer (C:\Windows\assembly) but it is missing from the server.  I can't find it anywhere though...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is your app compiled as 32 bit, 64 bit or Any CPU?

What is the OS and is it 32 or 64 bit?

Not sure where CrystalReportsForVisualStudio.msi came from?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Thank you for your quick reply.

My website is compiled as Any CPU.

Windows edition: Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise.

System type: 64-bit Operating System

The CrystalReportsForVisualStudio.msi came from CRforVS_13_0, package folder.

I installed both msi files on my local computer.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CRforVS_13_0 indicates SP 0 which did not support WIN 2008. Please update both your dev system and runtime system to SP 14, making sure you recompiled the app before deploying.

SP 14 can be downloaded from here:

Use the install exe to update your dev system (not the MSI)

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you... I will try now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I installed Visual Studio & CRforVS_13_0_14 on the server and I am still getting the same error.

Failed to open the connection. Printer_Pricing_v2 3464_1392_{8AF7415D-60E6-4B4B-A510-3F952E8A4538}.rpt

No event logs this time...

I was debugging in Visual Studio....

Please see my code below:

ReportDocument cryRpt = new ReportDocument();

cryRpt.Load(Server.MapPath("Printer_Pricing_v2.rpt"));

cryRpt.SetParameterValue("ClientID", SelClient.SelectedItem.Value);

cryRpt.SetParameterValue("StartDate", StartDate);

cryRpt.SetParameterValue("EndDate", EndDate);

cryRpt.SetParameterValue("Description", Description);

CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = cryRpt;

When I expand the cryRpt.hasRecords property I am getting an excception:

An unhandled exception of type 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.InternalException' occurred in CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.DataSetConversion.dll

Additional information: Failed to open the connection.

Failed to open the connection.

This is very odd because I can go and open the report in the "Main Report Preview"....

Any ideas?

Thank you for your help.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you installed CRforVS_13_0_14, then that implies that you have VS installed on the server? Also, note that CRforVS_13_0_14 will install only 32 bit runtime (unless you specify you also want 64 bit runtime at the very end of the install). Did you?

Since this is a 64 bit OS and "Any CPU" compile, you should be using the 64 bit MSI to deploy the runtime from here:

The downloaded file is CRfiVS_redist_install_64bit_13_0_14.zip. Once you unzip the file you will get CRRuntime_64bit_13_0_14.MSI.

Use that to deploy the runtime.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

I was getting the following error: "You must already have VS installed to proceed with this installation" so I was forced to install Visual Studio... is there a way to get it to work without it?

Thank you for your suggestion... I will try now...

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
is there a way to get it to work without it?

Yes. The install exe is for installs on computers that have VS installed. The MSI is to be used when you do not have VS installed.... E.g.; on deployed / user computers.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same connectivity issue. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are getting closer... the website displays the report when I run it from Visual Studio but still doesn't work from IIS.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So, from IIS you still get Failed to open the connection?

What database are you using?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I have exactly the same code and configuration in IIS and Visual Studio.

I am using MySQL database.

I added the crystalreportviewer13 path in the web.config.

I am also referring the crystalreportviewers13/js/crviewer/crv.js in the master page.

Crystal Reports 13 ( Visual Studio 2010 ) Issue with IIS - ( bobj is undefined JavaScript Error and...

Crystal Reports Bobj is undefined and bobj.isObject is not a function in Visual Studio 2012 and 201...

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let's work on one thing at a time. Your OP says that you are getting the error "Failed to open the connection".

Now you're describing bobj is undefined error.

So, what are we actually working on now?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek,

I am only getting the connection error right now.

My local environment works fine.

The report also works fine in Visual Studio on the production server.

Only IIS is having issues at this point....

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have some updates!!! I can't believe this was the issue....so frustrating!!!...

On my production server I only created a User DNS...which worked fine with Visual Studio...but not with IIS.  After I created a System DNS the report worked fine in IIS as well...

Thank you for all your help.

Answers (0)