cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading "Forecasts"...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Want some guidance on how to load "forecasts" in the system.

I understand there is capability to load budgets [plans] via excel sheets, however unsure how to load "forecasts".

The intention is to use the reports that have "Actuals, Plan and Forecast" reports.

Thanks

Puru

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puru,

Planning in SAP ByDesign is very simple. Here's the process in General:

• Make sure MS Excel Add-In for SAP BYD is installed on your PC
  • Goto WOC Cost and Revenue, WOCV Planning
  • Click New->Plan Version from MS Excel
  • Select the Template Name and click Downloand
  • Open the file and fill out the General Data such as Plan Version, Company, etc.
  • Add the G/L Accounts you want to plan and also the Cost Center or Profit Center information (if required)
  • Upload the values to SAP BYD

Please find here some more details: https://my319966.sapbydesign.com/sap/ap/ui/repository/SAP_BYD_WEKTRA/CP/cp.html?manifest=1DF129CA0C7...

Afterwards, you would be able to make use of some standard reports showing both the uploaded plan values and the actuals. Data sources for such reports are: Cost Center - Plan/Actual Comparison, Financial Statements - Plan/Actual/Forecast.

Regards,

Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kai,

Thanks for the response. However you have not answered my question.

I understand how to load Plans using excel....I'm interested in knowing how to load "FORECAST".

Please refer to my original question...

Thanks

Puru

Adie
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Puru,

It's better that you can advise what forecast do you mean? which workcenter view in the ByDesign system are you refering?

For example, we have forecasting in Demand Planning, Liquidity Forecast in Liquidity Management work center.

Thanks,

Adie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adie,

There are reports for e.g. "Financial Statements - Plan/Actual/Forecast" or "Cost Centres - Plan/Actual/Forecast" that compares plan, actual and forecast values [Refer to WC General Ledger and look at the report "Financial Statements - Plan/Actual/Forecast" or WC Cost and Revenue and look at the report "Cost Centres - Plan/Actual/Forecast"].

I know how to load "Plan". The actuals get in there via transactional postings.

However I would like to know how the "Forecast" gets loaded.

Kai has mentioned above the same reports that I've mentioned here, but get the data in for the forecast column.

Thanks

Puru

former_member200567
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Puru,

Did you find a way?

I am also interested in this.

Best Regards,

Fred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puru,

what exactly do you want to forecast? Revenues, Costs / Budgets, P&L Statement, Balance Sheet, ...?

Regards,
Kai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kai,

Apart from loading budget [which is the plan], I would like to load "Forecast" as well.

Its for all GL accounts [B/S and P/L] for all org units [PC and CC] that I have maintained.

Ideally I want to use the reports that displays Plan, Actual and Forecast key figures.

Thanks

Puru