cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to see Hana views in Explorer after creating connections in CMC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We've created OLAP connection for a Hana source in SAP BO CMC, to access Hana system, for creating Explorer views by leveraging Hana models.

However the connection got created successfully in CMC, but after creating connections, we couldn't find the data source in Explorer's Manage Spaces.

Please help me on how to make the connections visible in BO Explorer so that we can construct Explorer views for Hana models.

Regards,

Antony Jerald.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

You have to create a relational JDBC conection from IDT and then you will see SAP HANA Appliance in explorer.This is the only way to connect to HANA and explorer and we cannot consume OLAP connection for explorer that is only for A-OLAP tool.

YOU can follow the steps mentioned in below blog only till creating of connection

http://scn.sap.com/community/businessobjects-web-intelligence/blog/2014/08/22/consuming-hana-viewvar...

Hope this helps

Regards,

Pranay Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.  Any reason why OLAP Connection created for Hana from CMC doesn't works in Explorer?  I think I have done this before.

Regards,

Antony Jerald.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

It is how it is designed as it is not a OLAP tool and we can conusme only relational middleware in explorer.

Regards,

Pranay