SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSS note 1563398 - switch off reference handling for bwtar (IS-R)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

In OSS note 1563398 it says:

To reduce the number of deviations, and therefore the number of locks also, proceed as follows:

(...)

4. If the same field is identified several times as the cause of the deviation, you could switch off reference handling for this field or correct the maintenance of the article (by adjusting the value in the reference site, for example).

For some special materials we have activated batch splitting valuation - so in MABW table we have an enormous number of records created at valuation type level (valuation area & valuation type). Each time I want to change one of those materials (MM42, MM46) the system locks due to too many deviations.

The reason why the deviations are created is that for the reference site I have no valuation segment (MBEW record). I create a valuation segment for reference site (valuation area) for one batch (valuation type) with a Z*program and I saved a change in MM42. I checked again the deviations and for that batch the deviation was canceled.

My questions are:

1. Why the valuation segment is not created automatically for the reference site (valuation area)? Is there any missing configuration in splitting valuation?

2. If the valuation segment should not be created for the reference site - why the system create a deviation for it? (In other words - could I remove valuation area and valuation type from validity area where the system creates deviation?)

3. Is ok this workaround to solve my issue - add lines in MBEW table, trigger deviation check (is there another method than MM42?) and save?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Florina Rau

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I know is a loooong post but I would like to know if there is a missing configuration in splitting valuation or not.

Anybody?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now I see that the message was placed in SAP for retail....I think that this issue could be also a MM topic and if someone does not follow retail subjects - I have no chance to receive some help...

Or should I post a new question about splitting evaluation?

0 Kudos

Dear All,

Maybe someone will be interested about the cause of this issue.

1. If the special stock is valuated togehter  with anonymous warehouse stock - the valuation segment will be recorded in MBEW (SM30, V_T459K_K, for KEB valuation special stock set to A). This means that for all records from MBEW if there is no record  for reference site - lines will be write in MABW. If we talk about automatic batch valuation - this means allot of records and lock tables when we try to change something about the article in MM42, MM46.
  2. If the special stock is valuated separately - the valuation segment will be recorded in EBEW (SM30, V_T459K_K, for KEB valuation special stock set to M). No further problems in maintaining articles but the system will issue error message M3 354 when we try to create the vendor invoice (MIRO). The cause is the activation of the Inflation Accounting functions for the Materials Management (SM30, J_1AINFMEV) - this makes the system to check the valuation segment in MBEW (if not founded - M3 354 is issued). I have deactivated the Inflation Accounting functionality and in this way the problem is solved.

I just have to figure out how to deal with all the records I have now in MBEW and MABW. But the difficult part was to understand the cause and to found a solution.

Florina Rau