cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing BO 4.x Data in MS SharePoint Office 365

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I haven't still been lucky to find a way to share BO 4.x data (WebI reports only for now) in MS SharePoint Office 365.
Kindly excuse me if I've missed a forum discussion regarding this. 

I saw that I need another application like Power BI ( Microsoft Adds Connectivity for SAP BusinessObjects to Power BI for Office 365 - PowerBI - Site Hom...) or Layer2

(http://www.layer2.de/en/community/FAQs/cloud-connector/Pages/SAP-SharePoint-Office-365-Integration-N...).

Current system:

- BO 4.0 SP 10

- MS SQL Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)  -> using StreamLine as our ERP

- Windows Server 2008 SR2 Standard

May I ask for some help if it's possible or I need another application just to share info to the MS SharePoint in Office 365 (read and not write data back to our MS SQL ), please?

Cheers,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

maheshwarsing
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Integration option for Microsoft Sharepoint does not support Sharepoint office 365. It is a roadmap item

Thanks

Maheshwar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

michael_jennings
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Is SAP BI 4.2 sp8 or SAP BI 4.3 compliant with MS Sharepoint 365.

If not, when will be supported ?

Best regards,

MJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

what is your exact scenario? Do you want to expose "only" the data (via OData) from your BO to Office 365 or do you want to integrate the web report? (I assume you are talking about the integration in SharePoint Online, not SharePoint 2013).

If you expose the data, then the two applications (and also ) might be useful to expose your data. however, you will then need another tool (maybe Power BI) to visualize the data in SharePoint.

On the other hand you could try to embedd the existing web report in SharePoint Online directly -- so you would not need to have another visualization.

if you are thinking about integrating in SharePoint 2013, then might also be a good option)

Regards,

Holger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Maheswar and Holger.

We have Office 365 and planning to use SharePoint Online to be able to view some of our BO 4.x reports.  We only want to show (only read and not write back) our BO reports to the MS SharePoint Online, Holger.

The way I've understood IOMS, it's only for local MS SharePoint versions.  And SharePoint Online is a different story.  Kindly correct me if I am wrong, Holger.

Does that mean that we need PowerBI or Layer2 to just show our BO reports in SharePoint Online?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

yes, right now IOMS only works for MS SharePoint on-prem. As Maheshwar said SharePointOnline is currently on the roadmap, but not yet available.

Going with PowerBI or Layer2 is certainly an option. Depending on your scenario you might also be able to "just" expose your existing BO reports in a secure way to Office 365 and from there integrate them via an iFrame in SharePoint Online.

Regards,

Holger.