cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Routing issue With CTI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have an issue where once the users are timed out of the Web UI after some preset idle time, the CTI is not able to route call to that agent as it still sees them as occupied or engaged. Please let me know if there is any way we can fix it from CRM side so that once the users are timed out the users can be made available to take the next call.?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anthonyx_uliano
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Indra,

What CTI platform are you using?  Also, is there a separate softphone/hardphone you have access to?  I'm wondering if after the timeout, does the phone go into a NOT READY workmode state?  Can you route calls to the agent's extension directly (not through SAP)?

Regards,

Tony

Anthony X Uliano

Founder/CTO

AMC Technology, LLC

Former Member
0 Kudos

The adapter is Genesys. No separate phone line is available for me to test. I think the issue is with subscribe and unsubscribe requests. Is it needed for me to be registered as a call center agent on both SAP CRM and the adapter, for me to do a trace on the test system to see if the subscribe and unsubscribe are working fine?

anthonyx_uliano
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Indra,

Are you able to tell the status of the agent when you are having difficulty?  Are they in a ready mode?  There must be a softphone or hardphone that reports the agent's current state.  Testing calls directly to / from an agent without including SAP is a first step in troubleshooting.  It may be that SAP is setting the agent to a "Not Ready" workmode, preventing calls from getting to the agent.

In general the application shouldn't prevent calls from being delivered to the agent.

Have you reached out to Genesys?  They should be able to provide troubleshooting assistance as well.

Regards,

Tony

Anthony X. Uliano

Founder/CTO

AMC Technology, LLC

anthonyx_uliano
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Indrakumar,

Check out SAP Note 633539 for information on changing the timeouts that exist within ICI and IC-WebClient.  It was written by John Burton a few years ago, but it's still very helpful and relevant.  I think it may provide the information you need.

Regards,

Tony

Anthony X Uliano

Founder/CTO

AMC Technology, LLC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

thank you for the reply.

The Note talks about resetting the timeout parameters. But here my issue is after timeout the CTI system is unable to route calls to users as it still sees them as unavailable. Is there anyway we can fix this?

Regards,

Indra