Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive the site2site transferred SFC

former_member323997
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have two plants which enabled the SFC site2site transfer feature in the source site. And today we realized a problem that when we run the Archive script, the SFC which was just transferred today are also archived. We set the Days Before Archiving SFC/SO in the System Rule Maintenance with 90 days, so we expect the transferred SFC should be archived after 90 days, not immediately.

Can you please explain this siution with Archive script? is it a bug?

Thanks & regards,

Leon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leon,

The rule is applied to SFCs which do not have Archive Immediately flag. But for transferred SFC, I guess, this flag is set automatically.

Regards,

Sergiy

former_member323997
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy,

Where to check whether the SFC has this flag set? In the database directly or somewhere in the manufacturing page?

SAP ME Online help about the archive, does not mention those details I think.

Thanks & regards,

Leon

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess it was somehow mentioned in the How-To Gudie on Archiving.

The field is WIP.SFC.IMMEDIATE_ARCHIVE.

former_member323997
Participant
0 Kudos

Okay, I have found where the flag is, Do we have the chance not to archive immediate?

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think so. If you somehow "uncheck" this flag, the SFC will never be archived because it does not have the date of actual completion (ACTUAL_COMP_DATE field). Thus the system sets this flag automatically for Transferred status.

former_member323997
Participant
0 Kudos

I think this come to a problem with ODS scripts. Because normally the ODS scripts should take those data first into the ODS database, and then the archive script can move the data out to the Archive area.

If the immediate flag is set for the SFC, then the SFC may not be run the ODS scripts earlier than the archive script. How to prevent this happening then?

Thanks & regards,

Leon

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Leon,

I think it's a task of administrator to schedule the scripts to run at required time and not to mess between themselves. Thus maybe admin should think of running ODS be fore archiving.

Regards,
Konstantin Chernega

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The only way to guarantee the result is to execute Archive scripts after completion of ODS script AND during non-production periods.

This issue needs to be addressed to Product Management via SAP ME Consutling team.

former_member323997
Participant
0 Kudos

So, I should raise the ticket for this issue?

Since the transferred SFC is immediate flag and we have 7 * 24 hours production, we have no non-production window only for the archive script, unfortunately.

Thanks & regards,

Leon

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This issue goes beyond the system design. Thus it cannot be processed with a support ticket. You'd rather ask ME Consultants to bring this to consideration of Product Management.

Regards,

Sergiy

former_member323997
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy,

Due to this unexpected archiving mechanism, now I am facing another big problem. Because we have so much site2site transfered SFC in the source system, and the archiving script has been running for a very long time.

I have a Linux server which is used for this Archive script purpose. the Archive.ksh was already stopped on the Linux level - I cannot find any active session from the Linux perspective, but from the Oracle database perspective, I can see the archiving job is still running. Since we have so many Immediate flagged SFCs, I don't want to wait until it processes all.

Please let me know where I can kill this Archiving session, on the NetWeaver level??

Thanks & regards,

Leon

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, stopping the script does not stop the transaction. The transaction can be terminated by NW or in Oracle.

However, if you do this, you are very likely to have duplicated records of SFC-related data in WIP and ARC tables that in turn will require manual corrections directly in the database. Thus I do not recommend that you terminate the transaction.

Regards,

Sergiy

former_member323997
Participant
0 Kudos

The timeout configured in the System Setup Maintenance will automatically kill the transaction, when the timeout is exceeded??

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, the timeout will kill the transaction when its current value is reached.