cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Information of Open Hub Destination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a  urgent requirement on Open Hub Destination.Need your Valuable Suggestions.

We need to write the BI data to the external PDW (Process Data Warehouse) system,As I am aware that we can write the data in the SAP Application Servers.

Our requirement is to write the data to external system which is PDW,Can anyone please guide us the steps if you all worked in this sort of requirement.

Appreciate your quick responses guys.

Regards

Ravi Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

There can be 3 kinds of openHub.

1.  File  2.  DB Tables  3.   3rd Party ETL ( Like BODS, DataStage etc)

1.  In case of FILE, you might try writing to application server with logical file name. And ask your Basis team to map that logical file  to external server ( by Shared Network Drive ) .

Else, you can also send the file to your application server and then Basis team can write a Windows/Unix script to send that file to external server via FTP .

2.  For DB tables , you can only write to Database table of the same BW system.

3.  For 3rd party, your Basis team need to create an RFC between your BW and 3rd Party ETL .  You can use that RFC to send that file to 3rd Party ETL like BODS, Informatica, Datastage and then ETL can send that file to your external application server.

Cheers

Anindya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info

Hi Anindya,

Our requirement is to write to third party system, SSIS server from there PDW system.

can you please explain from what source we can write data to external servers, we want to write the data from the query to external server using OHD.

Regards
Ravi Kumar

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I understood your requirement, it would be 3rd Party Open Hub via RFC .

You ( Basis team rather)  need to create to 3rd Party system with a Program ID.

Please check the below docs for detail step by step solution

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40ea8832-59ac-2d10-ceae-87ee8d1f8....

http://scn.sap.com/people/chunhui.zhu4/blog/2009/04/05/make-the-most-out-of-open-hub-services-integr...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anindya and other experts

Thanks for your response,

I got my requirement  clear now.

Option 1 :We have to write the data from the  Bex query as we have defined all the Logic's there, from query can we write the data to FTP server using OHD,

Option 2: We need to write the data from DSO  (Raw Data ) to FTP server using OHD.

Option 3: Can we achieve this through APD's

Please provide us the steps to achieve the above options and please let me know if there is any limitations on this options.

Will be waiting for your valuable response.

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

you can use APD to load from query to DSO and use this DSO as source for your open hub. you can include these steps in process chain to automate it.

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please find my reply in blue .

Option 1 :We have to write the data from the  Bex query as we have defined all the Logic's there, from query can we write the data to FTP server using OHD,

Use query as source in APD to write data to file available in operating system folder.  Query can also be source of transformation in BW 7.3 onward .  Only limitation here is you cannot have user input variable here for the query .  Once you write data in file , move the file via FTP to your destination.

Option 2: We need to write the data from DSO  (Raw Data ) to FTP server using OHD.

Create Opeb Hub Destination of type file and send the data to OS level. Both DSO and BEx query ( without variable) can be source of Open Hub .

Option 3: Can we achieve this through APD's

Yes, both the option of APD and OHD are possible here, especially now query can also be a source of transformation.

You can find detail how to document in SCN for each of the options.

Cheers

Anindya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anindya,

If I go with option 1, query dumps all the data right everytime, I mean when the process chain runs, All I want to is deltas only, how to over come this challenge if we want to go with query,

Correct me If I am wrong,If we go with the DSO we can only get the deltas right..

All we need is we need to write the data in to FTP server, I mean the updated data every day.

Regards

Ravi

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you are right... From DSO to Open Hub. you can have Delta DTP.

For APD also you can achieve that, but in that case you need to have another DSO .

APD would push the data to Direct Update DSO .  Direct Update DSO would push the data to Standard DSO and here you can have delta functionality .   From Standard DSO you can send data to your target. This way, you can reuse the logic built in query .

Cheers

Anindya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for those valuable inputs.

How about Info cube, I think we get the delta as well. please advise me on this.

And we are thinking to built the OHD on multi provider , can you please help me out how can we achieve this, all we need is the delta should come.

We are in the process of finalizing the architecture, waiting for your inputs.

Regards

Ravi Kumar