cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COPA Delta after datasource enhancement

Former Member
0 Kudos

ECC has added few new value fields in that we need to bring in BW.  Since COPA is regenerating data source, I know that we have to delete the existing COPA data source, recreate with the same name and replicate into BW.  I am good till this step. 

We have over 3 years worth or records.  We don't want to do a full re-initialization as it will take lot of time to load millions of records.  Requirement is to populate the new fields from last one month.

How do I keep my existing delta and load history for new fields only starting from one month prior.  Do I have to do a new info package with different selections and initialization.  How does it impact existing delta time stamps.

I tried to search but could not find clear steps. I would really appreciate any help with keeping the delta after enhancement.

Thanks

Raghu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any suggestions?  there must be lot of cases where delta was maintained after enhancing COPA datasource

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I understand, for COPA, there is no other option instead of re-init if there is new field need to be populate. it's normal like myself to do re-init for total of 8 million records.. at least it's took around 4-5 hours depending on situation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Erwan,

I need the new fields to be populated only from last month.  We have close to 3 years worth of data. Reloading all records from source would be the last option I want to use.

I am not sure if we can do Repair request to load from last month.  May be I can do selective deletion and do the full repair request to load from last month.  Does that option work fro COPA data?

Thanks