cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extract Master Data from GTS to perform V_Lookups via Excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello GTS/SAP Gurus -

My company is a exporter/seller of highly regulated chemicals.  As such, we have fields in GTS which flag our products for various regulations.  I was not with the company when all of the data was initially uploaded to GTS.  Since then, many updates have taken place to add new materials, delete old or discontinued products, etc.   

Can you tell me if there is an easy way to extract data from a Table categorized as Struct.?  I'm looking to extract data which is housed on the Legal Control Tab of the Material.  I can view the entire list on screen, but there does not appear to be a way to send it to Excel.  I can only see the individual data when I double click the Product Number we have assigned the information to.  I'm looking to create the search which selects all of our assigned Product Numbers and the associated Regulator Flags we have linked to them.  All appear to be related as follows:

PROGRAM NAME:     /SAPSLL/SAPLPRODUCT_IFACE

TABLE NAME:           /SAPSLL/PROD_LEG_CONTRL_DYNP_S

CATEGORY:              Struct.

The reason for the extract is to satisfy requests from distributors/re-sellers who are requesting Export Compliance details based on the items which they purchase.  The one-two item requests I can do by hand.  However, some requests are over 200-300 items, which cannot be completed by hand.  Any help/guidance you can provide is greatly appreciated.

(by the way, I am a GTS User, not programmer, so please try to simplify any instructions so that I can relay to our programmers.  Thank you, in advance, for anything you can provide to assist me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Byron,

I expect that most or all of the data you require can be found in table /SAPSLL/PRCON - the Legal Control data for the Product Master.

Your programmers should have no problem in extracting the data from that table into whatever format you need.  However, they will certainly also need to extract data from table /SAPSLL/PNTPR, since that holds the link between the Product Number and the internal "GUID" that is used as the key to the Legal Control data (in field GUID_PR).

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dave -

Thank you for your response.  I believe that I had identified both of those tables with my Support person.  Thanks for confirming I was on the right track!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bryon,

Have you tried taking a look at transaction /SAPSLL/PR_DISPPRCON - Analyze Product Classification within the Classification/Master Data section?

It is both exportable direct to excel and able to be run by legal regulation looking at only individually maintained products.  You can't run it based on classification specific, but that's hardly the end of the world to filter by once it's dumped to excel.  The transaction itself might be a bit easier then programming something similar.

-Graham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Graham -

I was unable access that T-Code, so I sent a ticket to my support team.  Hopefully, all that will be required is to authorize my ID for that code.  Thanks for the guidance!