cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using C# to update all reports connection on BOBI 4.1 platform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whenever we setup the testing environment for a upgrade, it is a nightmare for us to update the database connection in every single report and the dynamic filters.... we have more than 300 reports.

I believe I am not the only one who have this issue, I wonder if there is any way to update the database connection using the SDK. Could you share on how to achieve this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Panco,

You can find sample applications here:

You can also use the Migration tool that comes with BOE to update the connection properties which may work better than writing your own.

That is why they wrote that tool for migration from QA to Production systems.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

If there is an working tool, I would love to use it.

which migration tool are you refer to?

In the Start Menu in BOBI server, we have:

32-bit ODBC Data Source Administrator

Central Configuration Manager

SAP BusinessObjects BI platform Central Management Console

SAP BusinessObjects BI platform Java BI Launch Pad

Upgrade management tool

WDeploy

Business View Manager

Data Federation Administration Tool

Information Design Tool

Query as a Web Service Designer

Report Conversion Tool

Translation Management Tool

Universe Design Tool

Web Intelligence Rich Client

Widgets

my scenario is:

For each major upgrade release, there are 300+ reports that are deployed to the QA testing environment. how to deploy these rpt files to QA, ie. update the connections for reports and dynamic filters?

After the QA, we need to deploy them to UAT..  of course, if everything is good, we need to deploy them to production, which is in other isolated environment, no connection to QA or UAT.

This is a very painful process to update the connections for reports and connections for dynamics filter inside these reports...  300+ reports, it ends up we needs to update 500+ connections, one by one...

changing:      database server name,  database name,  username and password.....

Best Regards,

Panco

0 Kudos

I think it's UMT or Conversion tool.... Not my expertise...

Post here: - http://scn.sap.com/community/bi-platform

And someone should be able to help you, or if all else fails try reading the Instructions.... lol

Check the Admin Guide out for more info...

Don