cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fields under additional detail tab for ABNA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

When I execute transaction ABNA  with transaction type 400 - Post-capitalization, then under Additional details tab -  Text, Document type and Assignment and Reference fields but if I execute with another transaction type ZZ (which is being created by copying trans type 400 ) then document type and Assignment fields disappears.  Can you explain me how these fields are controlled based on transaction type? I have requirement to add allocation field for transaction type ZZ.

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The fields that you mention are only relevant for the FI document.

In some cases, there is no FI document created. Then it does not make sense to fill these fields (because without FI document they won't have any effect).

Your transaction type ZZ is most probably a limited transaction type that only posts to certain depreciation areas. These depreciation areas do not post "online" to the General ledger. For that reason there will be no FI document created online when performing ABNA (maybe later during periodical processing, but it does not matter here).

This is why the fields are not available for input when using such a limited transaction type. This is no error, it is program design. Because even if you would enter a value for them, these values would not be used by the program and therefore it makes no sense to enter them.

Best regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thank you very much for explanations. Yes, you are right we defined this ZZ transaction type (Ledger Specific posting) to post certain depreciation areas. However after ABNA execution, system will post a ledger specific asset document and accounting document (Non-leading ledger) in GL simultaneously.

User wants have the assignment and allocation fields as transaction type 400.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Sanju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanju,

The input on ABNA transaction is only used for the "online" created GL document.

For areas that do not have posting set to "Realtime", the GL posting is done in a separate step and the input from the ABNA screen is no longer available (Even with "direct" posting setting, then it feels like the posting is done simultaneously but in reality it's a separate process and it starts after ABNA execution). So even in case your User could enter these fields in ABNA, it would not have any effect on the created GL document.

So check your area settings. If affected depreciation areas do not post "Realtime" then you should tell your User that it makes no sense to enable these fields when posting only to such areas. Because even when the fields were there, they would not work as expected.

Best regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you once again! Its great help.

with high regards,

Sanju

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay,

If possible share screen shot of ttype ZZ.

Regards,

Mukthar