Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancement of standard datasource in POSDM

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi guyz,

Any experience with POSDM guyz? I also posted this in BW forum since this is also about extractor in BW..

Thank you.

Loed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Loed,

In my opinion you should go for the approach described in Enhancements for 0RT_PA_TRAN_CONTROL POS Analytics (POSDM) Datasources. Here a Retail BW specific BAdI is used: /POSDW/OUT_BW. I expect that it will be fully compatible with the Retail POS transaction processing and probably providing a solid delta mechanism.

Please refer also to SAP Note 811393 - Extracting and updating POS data. Point 5. is addressing the topic "Adding and extending customer-specific fields".

Re. the delta mechanism, this is a disadvantage of BAdI RSU5_SAPI_BADI. It is called during the extraction. I.e. you cannot expect that the enhanced fields will trigger a delta, this can only be done during transaction processing, i.e. before it is pushed into the RSA7 delta queue and/or extraction.

Then a remark using field-symbols. A field-symbol is a placeholder for a data object and its operand position. In your coding you use <ls_data> to assign a record of internal table lt_data. You do not have to use the MODIFY lt_data FROM <ls_data> since the field-symbol is already changing it implicitly.

You can test a BAdI by placing a break-point in the coding. If you use /POSDW/OUT_BW, then you will need probably help from a Retail colleague to create a new transaction so that hopefully the debugger will be triggered.

Best regards,

Sander

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Replied in my other thread..