cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc Listener not Starting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am experiencing an issue as attached. My Idoc listener is unable to start using an incorrect sapgw address to the backend system. The correct gateway address to the ECC system is sapgw12 yet the log displays an attempt on sapgw00. Where would this incorrect connection details be coming from ?

Regards

Deena

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deena.

I think the GWHOST (and GWSERV) properties are derived from the connection that is established with the ECC system.  So first of all start by verifying your iDoc listener settings for connecting to SAP.  On the assumption you are using the latest version (4.3) of OrgModeler*, section 7.2.4.2 of the Admin Guide provides details about editing the SAP cource connection used by the iDoc listener.

If the connection details are correct, the next thing I'd do would be to check the local hosts file to ensure that there are no redirects for the specified SAP connection.  If the connection string is right I think it must be something external routing you elsewhere.  Beyond that you might have to start trying to trace the connection somehow.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Stephen.

* Please do try and include the relevant details with every query you post.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen

Thank you for your reply, I have been through the guide as part of my initial config which I had working until the Access management team in my company forced a password change on the  Nakisa Netweaver instance for the sidadm user. I monitor the smgw on the HCM system and see the connection established from the Nakisa system using the sid adm user from Nakisa. the Nakidocd destination also appears. The Idoc monitor however still displays the message initially attached

I am guessing that the password is somewhere recorded on the Nakisa to HCM system connection and the new password for the Nakisa system's sidadm user needs to be update.

Thks

Deena

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deena.

The password and user ID used should be part of the data connection I mentioned previously.  If you need to update the credentials I think that should be the only place you would need to make the change.

Regards,

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen

I have attached a more descriptive view of my error while starting the Idoc listener

The connection String works when tested

Thks

Deena

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deena.

Did you find anything in the hosts file?  I can't see any mention above of if you did check that.

This should be set automatically (or at least I thought it was), but try taking a look in your application's file system at

...\OrgModeler\root\XML\

for a file called

iDocSettings.xml

Open it in a text or XML editor and double check that <ReceiverConfiguration> -> <GatewayServer> is showing the correct server (the default value looks to be 'sapgw00').

Regards,

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen

Thanks for your reply, I checked the hosts file etc and there is no issue on the name resolution etc at host level.  I had a look in smgw on the HCM system I see the connection established then disappears. so the connection seems to be established for a moment on the HCM system . the xml has the correct setting for the sapgw this is confirmed by the fact that I see the connection at the GW.

Attached is the xml that contains the "hardcoded" sapgw setting

Could I email you the Idoc log ?

Regards

Deena

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deena.

You should be able to attach the log file to a post on this forum - click the link above the editor to switch to the advanced editor mode and then you get an option below the editor to attach files.  It only allows certain file types, so perhaps give it a TXT file extension.

Sharing it here increases your chances of getting help with the issue as someone might dip in, recognise some detail and provide you with the solution.

Should there be anything in the log you wouldn't wish everyone to see, simply find and replace with something recognisable.

Regards,

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have attached my Idoc log file for a detailed record of the error.

Something to note is that I have confirmed that the IDocSettings.xml that is located (hope thats the correct settings file)

in /usr/sap/SID/JXX/j2ee/Cluster/apps/Nakisa/OrgModeler/Server_jsp/OrgModeler/root./system/Admin_COnfig/___000_SAPImage_DB2

does contain the Gateway details for the HCM system which is sapgw12 yet the connection string on this IDOC log displays an attempt at sapgw00

Regards

Deena

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deena.

Presumably the file matches the one in use (as per the path I specified)?  It should be copied down on publish.

Another thought has occurred to me.  Could you confirm the version of OrgModeler and the version of SAP Java Connector that you are using?

Regards,

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen

I have installed Version 4.3 of the OrgModeler .

Our Nakisa consultants confirms that he has installed the latest SAP Jco available from the Marketplace

If only I could find out where this string is being called since this needs to be replaced by GWSERV=sapgw12. this could be the issue

Regards

Deena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen

Thanks for your assistance with this issue, we found that the files NAKIDOCDEST.jcoDestination and NAKIDOCSERVER.jcoServer had the incorrect ECC Gateway info for the external system, I  manually edited these files and inserted the correct gateway details ie sapgw12 after which the Idoc Listener started successfully

Regards

Deena Naidoo

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deena.

Glad you got to the bottom of it!

Could you let everyone know where to find these files?

Regards,

Stephen.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deena.

OrgModeler 4.3 needs SAP JCo and I think that's the latest on SMP.  If it had been an unsupported version then it would not be unreasonable to imagine that this was having the connection error and you were seeing a message with default parameters because it was unable to correctly interpret the ones you believed were being passed in.

Sometimes error messages are pointers to an underlying issue.

If you're on a *nix app server then you might need to ensure there's a mapping in /etc/services (not tried configuring this myself) - ref. RFC JCo 3 unable to connect to SAP AS with sapg... | SCN & SAP IDoc server connection error | SCN. I realise these are not Nakisa specifically, but they are using SAP JCo / iDoc, so I figure it is probably worth a closer look.

Regards,

Stephen.