cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when trying to extract the failed records from Information Steward

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

When I am trying to extract the failed records from Information Steward I receive this error. I am working on Information Steward 4.2 SP4 Patch 1. In my dev environment I do not receive this error.

Any thoughts on what to check?

Thanks,

Charly

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nawfal.

I have tried restarting EIM Adaptive Processing Server and it starts without errors. I still receive the connection error as mentioned above. I have restarted the host but still no luck. I have tried creating new connection to new database and that received the same connection error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, thanks for the replies.

Nawfal,

Yes, we get that error when we export that file in the Excel file format. Yes, the dev system is the same version as prod.

We noticed that on all of the connections for the failed records databases in the CMC the test connection failed with the following error:

We checked and ensured that the credentials to the database are valid. We do not receive this error in DEV. Any ideas for checking the MetadataService that does not kick off properly?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes check the EIM Adaptive Processing Server in the CMC and restart it and make sure it starts without errors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you get this error when you export to any format?

Can you confirm if export  Excel file format also fails.

Is IS Dev system of the same version 4.2 SP4?

Thanks

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The log file?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick reply Drik.

Here is the log I see in the InformationSteward.ApplicationService

[E] 2015-07-23 11:40:19.116 [ApplicationService][pool-2857-thread-1] The system cannot find the path specified

[E] 2015-07-23 11:40:19.116 [ApplicationService][pool-2857-thread-1] java.io.IOException: The system cannot find the path specified

at java.io.WinNTFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)

at java.io.File.checkAndCreate(File.java:1715)

at java.io.File.createTempFile0(File.java:1736)

at java.io.File.createTempFile(File.java:1813)

at com.businessobjects.emm.export.xls.XlsOut.<init>(XlsOut.java:119)

at com.businessobjects.icc.profiling.services.common.XlsOut.<init>(XlsOut.java:35)

at com.businessobjects.icc.profiling.services.common.XlsExporter.<init>(XlsExporter.java:38)

at com.sap.is.service.application.operation.profiling.ExportSampleDataCommand.execute(ExportSampleDataCommand.java:135)

at com.sap.icc.common.operation.AbstractOperationCommand.call(AbstractOperationCommand.java:46)

at com.sap.icc.common.operation.AbstractOperationCommand.call(AbstractOperationCommand.java:31)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:895)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:918)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.

java:761)

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could it be that the default location for the output file does not exist? Can you first check whether that folder exists?