Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good combination with SAP BASIS

Amarnath
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am a fresher working in SAP BASIS since a year. I would like to learn a new skill with that in parallel. Could you please suggest which module of SAP will be good. Can I take up SAP BI/BO?

Please suggest me and also guide me how can I start learning the new module. I would like to be techno-functional.

Best Regards,

Amarnath

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member198633
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amranath,

I think it is hard to recommend someone which component to study as we may never know what exprience will be benefical for that given person on a given market.

But if you check out the 2015 Q2 financial report, you can see that Cloud and HANA is attracting more and more customers. If you want to learn new stuff I think it will be beneficial in the future for sure.

Regards,

Peter

3 REPLIES 3

former_member198633
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amranath,

I think it is hard to recommend someone which component to study as we may never know what exprience will be benefical for that given person on a given market.

But if you check out the 2015 Q2 financial report, you can see that Cloud and HANA is attracting more and more customers. If you want to learn new stuff I think it will be beneficial in the future for sure.

Regards,

Peter

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Amarnath,

Hope you are doing good.

I would say there are 2 options in front of you. You mentioned Basis, but Basis is a universe in itself. Which areas are you working on in basis. Basis would encompass Traditional netweaver (like ABAP, J2ee, Portal), solman administration, bit of XI , connectors etc. Yo may also try new age technologies like Hana.
If you wish to go on a Functional side and start from scratch, I would suggest CRM considering the
opportunities out there. But I am not sure where your interests lie. .

Hope this helps.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Kind Regards,

Hemanth
SAP Active Global Support

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth,

Thanks a lot for your advice. I am in support side of Basis as you said in traditional netweaver ABAP,  J2EE and some database related activities.

I can mould myself into any form. My only concern is to explore and master new technologies as you and Peter advised it would be great to learn HANA.

Can you also guide me which part of HANA suites me?

Best Regards,

Amarnath.