SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Deposit XYZ Collecting behalf of ABC how to map in FICA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Need your Help to Map this scenario in SAP FI-CA.

Scenario is,

1. Security Deposit Collection:-

ABC is a Distribution Company ,XYZ (Franchise ) get licence from ABC to sell the power in their location.Now XYZ collecting Security Deposit and  remitted to ABC accounts end of the every month.

2. Interest Calculation:

XYZ Calculate the interest on yearly basis, it will be adjusted in their Customers next invoices and Claiming lumsum amount form ABC Distribution Company.

3. Refund Security Deposit:-

A security deposit will be refunded to the customer when a customer Moves out of the premise or requested? This activity XYZ will settle and will claim from ABC Distribution Company.

If whould be great how to map what accounting entries will occurs.

Thanks,

Abbas

6 REPLIES 6

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

While I understand that Company XYZ is maintained in SAP IS-U, is Company ABC maintained in SAP?

This will make a difference in the design.

Regards,

Ivor

0 Kudos

Hi Ivor,

Thanks for quick reply,

Now ABC is not having SAP and XYZ now we are going to be implement.

Previous xyz being remitted through Online transfer to ABC.

thanks,

Abbas

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am expecting your valuable reply, i wana to implement in current project but it was stopping me.

Need your help on this Please!

Thanks,

Abbas

0 Kudos

Hi Abbas,

You can leverage the revenue distibution functionality in SAP for your requirement.

Through this, you can manage,receivables for third parties as well as your own receivables.

Documents that contain receivables for third parties are designated as original documents. The Revenue Distribution function posts distribution documents and these display the corresponding amounts for the final recipient.

Classic revenue distribution serves solely to distribute incoming payments that clear a receivable for a third party. When you post such a receivables item, you must specify the contract account of the final recipient, to which the assigned payment is distributed further. This means that, in the standard system, exactly one final recipient receives the payments assigned to a receivables item. However, you can split the amount among several final recipients using event 5400.

For more information, you can go through the following SAP Help link

Revenue Distribution - SAP Library

Thanks

Amlan

0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick reply,

It would be great if you could provide Step by step What i have to config to overcome this Function.

I am new to this area, Need your help.

Thanks,

Abbas

0 Kudos

Hi Abbas,

If you go through the SAP Help link that I have given in the previous post, it explains everything in detail (a kind of Step by Step process) about RD-

• Functional Process Flow.
  • Configuration Nodes
  • Mass Transactions to be executed.
  • FQ Events ( if you want to have an enhancement)

I would recommend you to go through the link first and then come up with specific questions about the same.

Thanks,

Amlan