Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Hierarchy using Property Value

gajendra_moond
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all

(BPC10.0 SAP NW Version)

I am wondering if it is possible to update the values of the property of a dimension into hierarchy-PARENTH1. We are receiving a flat hierarchy but need to update it in a true hierarchy format in BPC. Because the flat hierarchy follows some rules, I added a property and able to update it exactly like the hierarchy using as many packages as levels.

I am just wondering if in End Routine BADI there is a way to copy all the values from this property to PARENTH1 as we cannot map PARENTH1 in the transformation file for loading attributes.

-

Gajendra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajendra,

Yes, it is possible with start/end routine, you can't copy into the hierarchy node, but you can build a hierarchy with the property value.

Andy

gajendra_moond
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Andy for your response.

I am currently struggling to update hierarchy in End Routine BADI.

I am trying to leverage the code available here:

It is not so direct though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajendra,

In that code it is using account info object, so in your case you need to get the dimension with their properties.

you need to debug to see what is passing through, change

'NODENAME'

'HIER_NAME'

'PARENT'

according to those properties.

and by the looks of it I think that code is not from start/end routine, it is a routine in BW's transformation rules.

Andy

gajendra_moond
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Andy for your prompt response.

I am debugging by modifying the code and see if I could find any break-through.

I am not an expert in ABAP and am trying to see what can work. The code between TRY and ENDTRY is where I am focused right now. If I happen to resolve, I will update the thread. However, I would appreciate if anyone who has done something similar can share their code or guidance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajendra,

You need to get an ABAPer to help you.

As I've mentioned in my previous post, the code will not work in start/end routine, as that code extract is from a different routine, it might even be a user exit in the BW system.

using that code will not solve your problem.

I'm happy to guide an abaper to solver their problem, but I won't provide code sorry. maybe someone else will.

Andy

gajendra_moond
Contributor
0 Kudos

I understand Andy. No worries. I am trying a couple more ways to be able to do it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gajendra,

Not sure whether this helps you or not, but you can set up hierarchy without using BADI as well.

Like loading parent nodes as IDs in step 1 (here you may have to allow duplicate records) and then in step 2 loading all masterdata populating PARENTH1 field from the property (Product hierarchy).

This worked for us, but we were loading data from flat files. The only drawback of it is you have to execute two packages or have to create a package link.

Thanks

Best Regards,

Prashant Vankudre

gajendra_moond
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Prashant. I was looking for a BADI to reduce maintenance. I have worked out BADI as well.

Here is the document for anyone else for the future reference.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ain't you biased, you give yourself 10 points and 5 points to someone didn't even help you.

and didn't mark my 2nd post as helpful?

In your code you clearly used my suggestion.

very unfair.

gajendra_moond
Contributor
0 Kudos

When you mark your own thread as answered through your own response, you do not get points.

Answers (0)