Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to handle performance in SMP3.0 - Delayed time in OData response

HemendraS
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am facing the performance problems in populating lists (Data from MS SQL---->Integration Gateway--->SMP 3.0 SP05--->Native Android) on Android Tablets. I tried to analyse the time taken by the query itself, the details are as follows:

Store Initialization = 8 Seconds

My Data Pull = 10 Seconds (Approx 120 Entries)

Store Initialization for Current Status = 8 Seconds

My Current Status Get = 10 Seconds (Approx 200 Entries)

So the overall time taken by query itself is taking 36 Seconds, and final population is around 45 Seconds. However the data is directly mapped to the screen fields and query execution in MS SQL is hardly taking 0.5 Seconds.

See below details for further reference

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before Initialize Store----------23-Jul-2015 4:38:49 pm

After Initialize Store----------23-Jul-2015 4:38:57 pm

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before get My Data----------23-Jul-2015 4:38:57 pm

After get My Data----------23-Jul-2015 4:39:07 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before Initialize Current Status Store----------23-Jul-2015 4:39:07 pm

After Initialize Current Status Store----------23-Jul-2015 4:39:15 pm

Before Get Current Status Store----------23-Jul-2015 4:39:15 pm

After Get Current Status Store----------23-Jul-2015 4:39:25 pm

Please provide some best practices documented support, or any suggestion to improve the performance so that user can have better experience on device. I am open to all kind of suggestions, to improve the performance and experience of the user.

Thanks,

Warm Regards

Hemendra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kenichi_unnai
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Ever tried this tips? http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center/mobility-platform/blog/2015/03/31/14-smp3-odata-sdk--p...

Especially I'm curious about payload size and if it is JSON or XML.

Answers (0)