Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default values for depreciation key in asset master data

former_member219509
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I faced a strange case that during the creation of asset master data system input the depreciation key by itself, even if the user will enter the other depreciation key on that field. After the correct depr key was filled in, user press enter and the value in field is changing by itself! It can be checked after the saving of master data, I just go to AS02/AS03 and see that depreciation key is different than was input before.  After additional change the system then saves it correctly, but it is impossible to input the correct depr key in the moment of creation of master data...that is so annoying.

I've already check the configuration for all asset classes for this depreciation area (OAYZ), depreciation key is set to 0000 for all classes in this area, and the system inputs CS02 value somehow

Since the field for depreciation key doesn't have the parameter ID, so it is impossible to set up some default value there in user profile. Or maybe the parameter ASSETMASTER_SETTINGS can have some impact on this? I wasn't able to find information about this parameter.

I don't know where else should I search, so would be happy to get some hints.

Thanks,

Marianna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marianna,

I think substitution has created for default the dep.key. So check the t.code.OACS, is there any substitution defined in it. If yes, then system will over write the dep.key which you input manually at creation.  But this will not happen for changing the asset master. So deactivate the substitution and try to create the master record.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member219509
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

Thanks for the attention to my topic, seems you are right, I entered this transaction and I can see next screen:

Now how it's possible to check what substitution values are stored in each line? Since the substitution text is the same everywhere I don't know which rule should be deactivated. Double click on the selected line doesn't help

Thanks

former_member219509
Participant
0 Kudos

Already found - the transaction GGD1, there I should just select asset accounting -master data and the rule ZCS0001 appeared, anyway hundred thanks for you Mukthar, I would never find it by myself

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to me the default values are picked for depreciation key are picked from OAYZ T-Code. Is this issue you are facing for all asset classes. Can you check if any validation is there for the same?

Regards,

Malhar.

former_member219509
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Malhar,

Thanks for your attention but unfortunately this si something that is not picked from OAYZ, since i already check the configuration there