cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

serial number /SFC must pass through 4 Bom levels

IntegrationCPI
Participant
0 Kudos

A serial number created in SAP ECC has to pass through 4 BOM levels and each level has separate Routing,own material and operation till the finished product. the S/N of the produced part needs to be the same as the S/N of the component.

For Ex Serial Number : XYZ .This S/N or SFC has to pass through A,B,C,D and

A  - Routing A -Good Issue  is done at the last step and production order created for B

B  - A (Consumed)+ own material + Routing B  - Good Issue and Goods Receipt is done at the last step and production order created for C

C  - B (Consumed) +own material + Routing C  - Good Issue and Goods Receipt is done at the last step and production order created for D

D  - C +(Consumed) +own material+ Routing D  - Good Issue and Goods Receipt is done at the last step

how can we achieve this SAP ECC -----SAP ME

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Production orders for each of the 4 materials must be released with their specific BOMs and routings. Once A is produced it gets into inventory and can be used in B as a component, and so on until D is produced and shipped.

Regards,
Konstantin

IntegrationCPI
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Konstantin .  But how can we maintain the same serial number /SFC from A to D . Regards, Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kishore

If the component is purchased, with an external serial number then you can make an SFC with the same number as this. Then use SAP ME's Change Production to process the same SFC number through each of the 4 different Order/Routing/BOM/Material changes. It is fairly common to do change production for this type of processing.

Stuart

IntegrationCPI
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Stuart . will check the change production feature once . Yes . the initial raw material is supplied by customer and that serial number is used for manufacturing finished product passing through A to D as above

IntegrationCPI
Participant
0 Kudos

Just found that there is feature in SAP MEINT where you can transfer production order with the serial number . will this work in this scenario .I guess the serial number are visible in the "serial number" tab of "Shop Order maintenance" . So in this case Konstantin suggestion may work while updating the stock to ECC  . Your thoughts . will check the both the Scenario and confirm . The serial number is just to track where exactly it is router i.e A ,B,C etc . Thanks Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the serial number will be visible in Shoporder Maintenance - it will have a 1-1 relationship with a released SFC number. If you decide to use Change Production on the SFC number, the relationship will remain intact.

IntegrationCPI
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Stuart for the help . That solved  by issue almost.However i have few more ,sorry .

1. SAP ECC ,if I Create one production order with multiple serial numbers ,Say for example 20 serial numbers ,when moving it to SAP ME is there a out of the box feature where i can  create 20 shop orders( 1 shop order for 1 serial number ) automatically or how can this be achieved .

or vice versa from SAP ME to SAP ECC

2 .Change production is best way to go , in this case does SFC should be same as serial number ?. the reason am asking is i can internally use different SFC number for routers but keep the serial number as reference and post the goods (GI and GR ) to SAP ECC at the last operation of the route  step . I think its not possible ?

3.If i use this SFC in Sampling does that allow me to use change production functionality .

Thanks Kishore

IntegrationCPI
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stuart  - Please let me know your comments for the point 1

Thanks

kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kishore

I'd need to understand why you think you need to create 1 shoporder per serial? That would be non standard for sure. One production order of 20 serials creates one shoporder of 20 units in ME.

IntegrationCPI
Participant
0 Kudos

Stuart - Above you mentioned that serial number  will have a 1-1 relationship with a released SFC number. So i thought we have to create that way . The requirement is in SAP they create one  production order for each serial number for tracking however we have take a  decision which is best approach  whether to create a production order  with N serial number in ECC or SAP ME .if SAP ME how can we achieve it . so your are saying  that i create a shop order with N SFC numbers and transfer it to ECC as a production order with serial numbers using MEINT .

Regards

Kishore

IntegrationCPI
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Stuart , Can you please help me on the best approach to take for the above scenario .  my ME system is down or having some error  and unable to check this scenario . Thanks kishore

Answers (0)