SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gas Billing for Interval Meters

former_member289871
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to look for options where we can perform Gas Billing for Interval meters similar to the standard functionality we have for basic gas residential and small business customers.

In this we would have the below set up:

a) Unconverted raw reads - volume in m3 or ft3 received for gas meters on a daily or hourly basis.

b) Calorific Values maintained on a daily basis in calorific value districts and

c) Volume Correction Factor procedure to calculate VCF based on temperature, pressure and supercompressibility.

I was going through some of the threads and read that SAP may be looking at developing such functionality in the future and would like to get more details around this. Also would like to hear from all about their experience in such requirement in their projects.

Thanks,

M

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mayuresh,

I had implemented RTP Billing for Gas meters where the input profile were of ccf and mcf. For calorific values I took the daily calorific values maintained in the system and VCF was calculated based on the factors maintained daily in the system. This daily gas factor(cal values * VCF) was then multiplied with the hourly data of the profiles. All this calculation happened in the RTP Formula which I had created.

Note: Keep the Day offset in to account while calculating.Also Day Light saving in case of US.

Cheers,

Rakesh..

sapisurdg.wordpress.com

0 Kudos

Thanks Rakesh for your reply.

I understand that we can do this by having a custom formula developed which then can be used in the RTP interface.

However in my case I would like to have output daily consumption calculated in a profile for which i think i will need to use a formula profile. This is because we also have a requirement to publish the output daily consumption values to market.

Thanks,

M