cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted blank field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys.

After the latest upgrade, we have a blank field in ESS Travel Expenses (WEB) - like you see here - I need to get rid of this field.

Before the change

It is an input field 10 characters long - but the data doesnt seem to be saved - cant find the data in the travel cluster (RPCLSTTE)

I have tried to remove all fields from "general trip data" in tc FITVFELD_WEB in the actual trip schema, but cant get rid of it.

It has a connection to the country/region, but I cant figure it out

Any suggestions on how to get rid of it?

System new status ERP6,EHP6,Stack14 (old=stack10)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Monika_
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This issue should be resolved by implementing SAP note 2192044

Regards

Monika

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP changed the note 2192044 so it also fits 606, so now finally I got rid of the blank field

Thanks for all your help - I really apreciate it a lot

Best regards

Claus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Seems to be the right correction, but it is only for 607 and 608, not for my version which is 606

What do you do in that case?

Best regards and thanks a lot for all your help

Will ofcours give point for correct and helpfull answers when the issue is solved

Claus

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In that case you use the power of the dark side (enhancement framework). As I mentioned earlier, you can just create an enhancement point for the WDYN Comp, make a post exit for WDDOMODIFYVIEW, cast the UI Tree for the unwanted field and set it invisible at every roundtrip. ~3 lines of code, 5 minutes of work, modification free and can just be deleted once you are on HR Renewal or EHP7 and can implement the note.

Cheers, Lukas

P.S: I'm not mentioning administrative personalization on purpose here

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again

Here you see my settings in V_T702N_A - unfortunately the switch in "other settlement" - 18 - is already set with 0

I will try to go through all the other switches Again and read the recomended note.

I am not allowed to use any other browser than IE.

0 Kudos

Hi,

please check new note 2192044.

It should solve this Problem.

Best regards

Klaus

0 Kudos

Hello,

some years ago we had a very similar Problem and it depends on FIREFOX instead of using the Microsoft IE.

Does the same Problem occur if you Change the Explorer?
Support colleagues recommend note 1098009 which will be always updated .

BR

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info Guys, it got me a step further

Via the field info i found out that the field has the text "Address"

Looking in FITVFELD_WEB I can see the field as you see here - but it is greyed out

F1

The field is in the table view, but again, not configurable (not even visible)

So actually it should be possible to get rid of the field via customizing, but I cant find the right place for the correction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claus,

fast solution would be the config-mode.

Better way to do it - what Luka suggested.

If you look to the "official" solution I would recommend you to open a OSS note.

I guess this field is not set up properly from SAP.

Best regards, Sigi

0 Kudos

Hi,

the field is greyed out because of active '3-month-rule' for the german trip provision variant.

So if you call expert view (sm30: V_T702n_A) column other  Switch '18' and set this to '0': than the field :Adressen für Reiseziele erfassen/Enter Adresses for Destinations is changeable.

The logic behind: If you travel three month to the exact same adress (Minimum 2 days per week) than meal per diems becomes taxable after 3 month. The adress is on ecriteria therfore. Means: active 3MR : you must enter adress  + is not Customizeable in Transaction FITVFELD or FITVFELD_WEB anymore

(for german trip provision variant 01: switch 18 has the value 2).

So it depends from expert view setting.

Hope this is helpfull for you

BR

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Klaus,

I'm not able to follow. On the WebDynpro the field is visible but without any description text. You can enter 10 digits and save it. For which reason the front end should look like this?

So what should be the setting that this input field is not visible on the WebDynpro?

Best regards, Sigi

0 Kudos

Hi Sigi,

my answer is only about the 'Enter Adresses for Destinations'  field in the trip scheme and how to make it changeable (V_T706S is the old view- use now FITVFELD or FITVFELD_WEB to customize the trip scheme)

I have activate/deactivate the three month rule in my test system- without getting a blank field.

BR

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claus,

have you tried the config-mode function from WebDynpro?

(sap-config-mode=X)

Personalization and Customizing - Web Dynpro for ABAP - SAP Library

Best regards, Sigi

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would strongly recommend against using the administration Layer of WD-Customizing :-/. It's superfluous for development and sometimes unstable. IMHO the root cause for the appearance of this field should be found first and if everything fails, you can still use an explicit enhancement and hide the UI-Element via dynamic programming (much cleaner and much better tracable).

Cheers, Lukas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lukas,

for sure much more better. But sometimes its the fast forward approach and don't think this is in general "unstable".

Cheers, Sigi

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Claus,

open the application with a user that has debug authority, right click on the field --> technical information. Click on the view controller tab and look what UI-element this is. If you're lucky you'll be able to directly derive the backend-field / field-control. If not, you can debug FITE_VC_GENERAL_DATA to see what actually happens with the field control.

Cheers, Lukas