Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between the role / responsibility of Core Team Member & Super User

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you help me understand the  difference between core team or Super Users role.

My organization has implemented SAP. We went live in January 2915. I was handling the Logistics Super Users role. I was on this project for one year away from the business day to day job. I used to work closely with the consultants on business current process & future process, informing them our business various scenarios. Have done different types of testing Quality Center, BRQ, BRT, Data Validation, etc... i have as got basic cross functional trainings. I have checked that training materials is relevant to us & also given trainings to the end users. I have just been told by some who's a SAP Qualified Consultant that the responsibilities I was handling is of a Core Team & was advised to study further as a SAP Logistics Consultant.

So with all the above information can you please help me understand the role I was handling is of a Core Team or Super User?

I  will also appreciate if you could guide me further on my career.

1 REPLY 1

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Monica,

One way to "categorize" roles/activities is by knowing your goal i.e. become a SAP consultant.

A core team member is someone who knows the business processes and is a liaison between the business users and the consultants. He/she does not know the particular ERP system.

A superuser knows the ERP system, in this case SAP and is the first point of contact for the business users, when they face issues in SAP.

To become a consultant, it is a long way from superuser (and longer way from core team member). You have to be an expert in a module in SAP, have configuration knowledge, experience and business process knowledge. So that is the part which the consultant is advising with "more study".

TW