cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports preview doesn't match printout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our users are complaining about overlapping columns in their report preview, see below

but it turns out that the printout is actually ok:

Is there something we need to do to make the preview more accurate?  Thanks. 

Maricris Villareal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Need more info.

What version of VS?

What version of CR with SP level?

Win or web app?

Does this happen on Dev or Prod / client machine?

What happens when you print the report from CR designer?

A quick step. Check the CanGrow option for the column in report design.

Thanks,

Bhushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

VS 2013

CR 13 SP 14

Web

Both dev and prod

I haven't tried from the CR designer, we're using our own classes on top of the tables and I don't know how to hook them together.

I tried the CanGrow but the behavior isn't what we like, it wraps even when there's room to fit the entire field in the column.

Thanks.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Right click on the field and select Format and then set the right margin to .7.

This will tell CR to give it enough room to compensate for the font being used. It also requires Can Grow to be checked on.

Another option is to search for this KBA - 2165260. There are a bunch of registry keys that can tell CR how to format text

Also, the formatting can depend on the printer driver being used. Try a different one. Set the printer in Page Setup.

Don

0 Kudos

Oh and since you posted this in the .NET SDK forum I assume you are using the SDK to view also so download the sample app in KBA 2163438. You can set the CR WinForm Viewer to use the PrintOutputController to do the printing, it's the same Dialog box as CR Designer uses.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using Web and the only choices I have for PrintMode are PDF and ActiveX.  I suppose that this solution is not applicable then?

0 Kudos

Not necessarily... try that also and see the 2165260 KBA on registry keys also.

For WEB app's use the No Printer option or install the printer on the app Web server and see this MS KBA on how to allow IIS access to all printers:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;184291

If all else fails then use the constant size font Courier New, each character uses up the exact same amount of space so you can resize the object accordingly.

Most spacing issues are Printer related though...

Don