cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need complete details on infotype 210

0 Kudos

I am new to SAP HR. Recently i received an issue from client that in IT210 an employee was set up as Exempt/Not Reportable for California witholding tax purposes.But,on one semimonthly payroll,taxable wages have updated for wage type. Plz suggest on this

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member235056
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

You need to set-up validity of IT0210 appropriately based on what is required by client for California.

Please consider setting up CA in IT0210 with Exempt indicator as requested for start and end dates such that it considers this date as payment date for employee.

Also, please check if no IT0234 is set-up for this employee. Also, see if IT0207/IT0208 has not changed for the employee from CA to other tax area.

Thanks,

Ameet

0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

Thanks for your quick reply and sorry for delay in responding.

please find the IT0210 details for your reference.

There are no changes in IT0207/IT0208.

Actual Issue: California Taxable Wages updating in error for Group Term Life Insurance.

However, on every pay period, taxable wages have updated for Group Term Life Insurance. 

Please find the offcycle work bench remittance statement.

California withholding tax should not calculate, please help me out to resolve this issue.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member235056
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Kindly verify if your Group Term Life Insurance wage type tax class (PCL 71 specification) for CA in table T5UTM has tax combo that in table T5UTY has tax type 01 marked as Y for taxability.

Mark it to T if needed as Exempt and Reportable.

Thanks,

Ameet

0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

We observed that, the employee is Intl Transfer Out  from CA to NY (New York) and in IT0001 Pers. subarea  is  NY however  IT0207, IT0208 and IT0209 is CA.

Please suggest how to handle this type of scenario.

Thank you,

Praveen.

former_member235056
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Ideally, your IT0207 should be based out of your Permanent or Home address entered in IT0006 and your IT0208 should be based on Personnel Area/Subarea address.

If you were using Tax Locator functionality in SAP then you would have received a pop-up with suggestions from BSI when entering IT0207 and IT0208.

The solution I proposed earlier to align tax combo for CA was as it is entered on IT0207 and needs to be only reportable and not taxed for GTLI component.

This should fix your taxability issue.

Thanks,

Ameet