Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scope in MM for a Manufacturing Industry Experience Person ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends

I started my career as a software engineer in 2006. I worked in reputed IT company of India for 4.5 years. But due to some family problems I have to leave IT in 2010 and i came down to my home town. Unfortunately there are no IT firms over here due to which I somehow got the opportunity and joined the medium scale manufacturing firm where i was responsible for overall management. From 2010 November, I am in this manufacturing Industry and have got good experience with the client handling, understanding customer requirement, Procurement of the raw material, Managing Production with proper planning, Handling Excise and Tax related issues, Have a good command in managing plant and proper production planning. Involve in creation of Purchase order, RFQ etc, Maintaining Salary for the workers. Preparing Documents for different Tenders. Calculation of the prices from the real time market for the Raw material. Giving best price to the customers. Convincing Customers. Problem solving of the customers. I have good skills in convincing customers.  Also creates proposals for the new customers. Understanding the business and different scenarios of the customer business.

But last year my family problem got solved, and now i want to join IT again. I had a experience of approximately 1 year in SAP MM when i was in IT. But haven't touched MM from last 4.5 years. 

So would i able to get a job in SAP MM?

If yes, what package i should get ?

Or any suggestions ?

My total experience in 9 years (4.5 year in IT & 4.5 years in Manufacturing Industry). Current Package is 8.5 Lac PA.

Please help me!!

Thanks in advance

Himanshu

2 REPLIES 2

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Himanshu,

What kind of IT role you played during your Initial years ?

The experience you have in MM is like an End User. Normally experienced Domain person have a bright future in SAP. Only thing you need to search for an opportunity where they can recruit you as MM consultant with your domain and end user experience.

I have seen lot of IT companies recruiting domain person, since they will know the business process, so its easy to support the customer and his business requirement.

Package vise, i am not sure, whether you will get the expected, it depends on your knowledge and convincing attitude in the Interview.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

I started my career in IT and was involved in support and develpment projects of client specific tools, and later involved in understanding business, project implementation, RFQ etc.. project management activities for 2 years and than last 1 year i learned SAP MM and was understanding client requirements for SAP migration and one sap mm functional activities for few months for the client... Due to some personal reason, i have to leave the project in between

Thanks for your reply