cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The maximum connection limit has been reached. (Error: RWI 00000)

kamalessh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have developed a report metadata extractor using Java SDK. It was working fine till yesterday. From today, I am getting a strange error "The maximum connection limit has been reached. (Error: RWI 00000)" when I am extracting the data using that tool. What is this error and how can we rectify this error ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please provide BusinessObjects product version with patch details(if any).

The error states that your webi processing server has reached maximum connections and do not have any more to connections to process any further requests.

Check the Max Connections value under the webi processing server properties.

Also how many webi processing servers you have?

Also in your code, are you handling the report engine instance properly?

You need to close the ReportEngine, ReportEngines and documentInstance objects which you instantiate from your java code.

Thanks,

Prithvi

kamalessh
Explorer
0 Kudos

The version we are using is BO 4.0. SP 5.0.

I am documenting each reprot using the below module. We are also working on Restful webservices to get all these info as the BO SDK lib files are being deprecated in the upcoming versions

IDocumentInstance doc = documentInstanceManagementService

.openDocument(context, infoObject.getID());

List list = ReportDictionaryHelper

.getDictionaryObjectsFlatList(context, doc);

if (list.size() > 0) {

System.out.println("OBJECTS:");

for (DictionaryExpression expr:list) {

System.out.println(expr.getName());

}

}

documentInstanceManagementService.closeDocument(context, doc);

System.out.println();

Thanks,

Kamalessh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not familiar with the code you have pasted above. Looks to me it is internal functions written in the jars and not the public exposed api's.

As I mentioned earlier, the error is resulting because of webi processing server has reached maximum connections and do not have any more to connections to process any further requests.

When you want to open a report, you initiate the report engine service with webi processing servers to process the documents. Thus this service creates a connection to webi server. Once you open the document and close it, the service to webi servers needs to be closed to realease resources on the server.

Or you may increase this value in web intelligence processing sever properties or increase number of servers. However still you would need to close the connection if initiated from your code to manage the system better.

Thanks

kamalessh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Prithvi,

I took a break from sdk. So couldnt reply to this post. Actually the problem is with closing the document after opening it using openDocument, I have closed the document instance outside of the loop. So, as u said the document instance was not closed properly,I got this error. Now I rectified it. It is working fine now.

Thanks,

Kamalessh.

Answers (0)