cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors from Program FDT_XML_IMPORT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

We have created objects , formulas , rules on Development system with storage type Master data and assigned them $tmp.

We would like to have copy of all these objects on our test system and then on production system.

Executed report FDT_XML_EXPORT and prepared XML from Development  system.

Now I try to import this on Test system.

But system says object can not be created in $tmp.

Now I have manipulated XML by replacing $TMP withour custom Package.

Now the error is : Local objects can only be created with local package only.

Can anybody help with this error ?

Thanking you,

Regards,

Satya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

carsten_ziegler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

You should never change the XML directly. This can result in some crazy bugs that are hard to analyze.

Concerning the problem with the $tmp import: I have not heard of this situation before. Is this the only error message or are there more? Is there a long text for the error message? What is the message number and message class?

Regards,

Carsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

Thanks.

Here is the exact message.

Development package $TMP cannot be changed

I have several other error messages like Error When saving Application 'Ourapplication_name' ,

I feel all other messages are consequences of error message.

Development package $TMP cannot be saved

Message id: FDT_CORE

Message number: 194

I understood from message that I can not assign objects to $TMP on test system.

So tried to change the XML with our own package name and upload.

Intention: Create objects in custom Package instead of local package.

Thanking you,

Regards,

Satya

carsten_ziegler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may debug class CL_FDT_ENVIRONMENT method IS_PACKAGE_CHANGEABLE to find out more. The $tmp package obviously is not released for changes in the test system. Maybe you just leave out the package before doing the export?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten ,

My idea is : Create Application manually or directly on Test System.

Then all assigned objects like Elements , Formulas und rules through XML Import.

I will try out this.

Thanks .

Regrads,

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten ,

I have a short question.

When I create Master data in BRF+ Application, it says I should always create as local object.

Local Object has to be stored only on $TMP.

This means I can not create master data object on test system and  Production system as I can not change $TMP in these systems.

Is there anyother way to create master data object on Test system and Production system.

Could you please help.

Thanking you,

Regards,

Satya

christianlechne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as you asked in the discussion -  help.sap.com might help you in that case:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/ea/c05da6f01011d3964000a0c94260a5/content.htm

See section: "Package names beginning with T (private test packages)" and "Package names beginning with $ (local packages)"

BR

Christian

carsten_ziegler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The objects you like to import come from another system. They are assigned to another application. You will not succeed with this approach.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten ,

I have already failed..:-)

In your post you have mentioned to leave out package before Export.

Could you please tell me how can I leave package  ?

Thanking you ,

Regards,

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Carsten ,

We have requested our Basis Team for shortly allowing $TMP for creation of Objects .

They have changed Softwarecomponent 'LOCAL' setting for short time and then we were able to upload the XML sucussfully.

Now I am able to manipulate formulas on Quality system. Hopefully we will be able to do it on Production system same way.

Is it possible to update such Information in SAP documentation as Prerequiste for using this Report , so that users can work faster with this Tool.

Export and Import of XML Data - Search for Business Partner Duplicates - SAP Library

Thanking

I am closing this Thread.

Regards,

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Satya.

I think that is impossible to make the XML import from a Master Data application.

It's necessary to be the customize approach.

At this link explain better this information (page 8):

Best Regards.

Cássio Oliveira

carsten_ziegler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This info is not correct: XML import works regardless of storage type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cassion Oliveira ,

If I understand correctly , All assigned objects like Elements , Formulas , Functions etc. ( child objects ) of Application  get same technical assignments ( like development package ) from Application ( Parent ).

Once Application is customizable , then all Objects should be customizable and we can not create Master data Objects under this Application.

But we need Objects only as Master data objects , as these objects have to be changed by User department in Production System depending upon Business requirements.

As carsten said , we can create Master data Application with XML Import and we did it...

Thanking you,

Regards,

Satya