cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog C1 has an invalid Catalog Category C? Error Message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I am posting this as I was unable to find answers to the above error message. Previous discussions also didn't help me.

I am faced with a customizing problem which I am finding difficult to understand because of an error. I have a requirement to use categorization schema for complaint processing. I carried out the following customizing:

1. I created a Y copy of transaction CRMC 'YRMC' and in CRM->Cross Appl. Components->Multilevel Categorization->Assign Transaction Types to Catalog Categories, I assigned YRMC to catalog category C, D and E.
  2. I defined Code Groups and Codes for Catalogs under Catalog C1.
  3. Then I defined Code Group Profiles.
  4. Now it's time to define the Subject Profiles. I choose New Entries, gave my Subject Profile name and choose SubPrfCat. as C (Complaint).Then under 'Code Group Profile for Subject Profile' I entered my Code Group Profile created in Step 3. Then the Catalog field is automatically populated with C1 (Reason, the Key word). Now I get an error that 'Catalog C1 has an invalid Catalog Category C.' I am quite perplexed with this error message. The same happens when I try to assign Code Group Profile to Catalog B1 (Tasks) with reference to SubPrfCat  F (Activity Reason) for creating Knowledge Articles in WEB UI.

I then change the SubPrfCat to A (Service). After this change, I was able to carry on with the customizing without any error.

My question is Why did I get that error? Did I miss some crucial customizing or that it is a bug or a hardcoded programme that does not allow SubPrfCat. as C (Complaint) or F (Activity Reason)?

After this customizing, I Assigned the Subject Profile to my Transaction 'YRMC" under Service Process. I then went to WEB UI and created a Categorization Schema, assigned the Application Area 'Complaint", and assigned my Subject Profile.

The Schema was created, Released. However, it is not active yet. It has already passed the Valid From Time and Date. Why?

When I create a Complaint, I do not see my Schema despite assigning the Subject Profile to the Transaction Type. Is it because the Schema is still under Released Status and is not active yet?

I appreciate your help here.

Regards

Pankaj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bruce_li
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

Would you please check my answer for your question?

1.My question is Why did I get that error? Did I miss some crucial customizing or that it is a bug or a hardcoded programme that does not allow SubPrfCat. as C (Complaint) or F (Activity Reason)?

=> As far as I know it is not a bug. Which catalog categories are suited to a subject profile category is hard coded in system.This can be checked in table CRMC_SUBJPROFIL. Here you can see with
subject profile tpye A, catalog category C is allowed.

2.The Schema was created, Released. However, it is not active yet. It has already passed the Valid From Time and Date. Why?

When I create a Complaint, I do not see my Schema despite assigning the Subject Profile to the Transaction Type. Is it because the Schema is still under Released Status and is not active yet?

=> I think you need to go to sapgui and select system->status to check the system time, If this time
has passed the valife from time and date, the schema shoule turn to active.

Best Regards,

Bruce

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bruce

Apologies for a belated response as I was ill and in the hospital.

I am back to work now. Although your suggestion regarding table CRMC_SUBJPROFIL was very helpful, I am still unable to see my schema when I create a complaint. I have checked and the schema is active. As mentioned, the subject profile is assigned to the transaction type.

I still have no clue why it is not working.

Regards

Pankaj

Answers (0)