cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a mashup for Gateway Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to create a mashup service for Gateway Services using ODC as Data source.

So when I create a new SAP Implmentation Project in Eclipse I choose "OData Service URL" as Odata Model and then I specify the service url in next screen. An entity set for all the collections in that service is created in Eclipse.

But I also want to use different Service URLs in the same Mashup. So I add a new Odata Model selcting "OData Service URL" and that model is created. But for this new model there is not Model.odatasrv file created which has option to "Select Data Source".

This file exists only for the model that was added at project creation and not for the models added later.

As you can see in the attached screenshot, Credit limit model was created during project creation and it has .odatasrv file.

while AccntStmt was added afterwards and has no .odatasrvfile

What can be done in this case?

I have refered to:

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bjoernw
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

you can only have one OData model per service, and there will only be one odatasrv file.

So you would need to add the entities from the other Gateway backend service into the same OData model as the first one.

You can either

- manually create the other entity sets

- create a new temporary Service Implementation Project and import the metadata file from the other Gateway service. Then you can copy the other entity sets per copy & paste from the temp model to your actual OData model in the graphical editor.

Then you should be able to assign the data sources to the new entity sets.

Regards

Björn

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll try out this approach. Will let you know if any help required.

If we change edmx.xml file by adding the new entity sets to the source file will it help?

Answers (0)